Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation area SMACRS

srinivasavepa
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.In our client, SMACRS depreciation was never activated and infact that area was deleted.

2. Now the client wants to create this depreciation area.

3. If this new depreciation area is created what will happen to the old assets? We have assets in the system since 1998. Can we make the depreciation calculations applicable to these old assets also by changing the depreciation keys? Will these calculations be correct?

4. Any one has done similar exercise?

Your valuable inputs are highly appreciated.

thanks

Srinivasa Vepa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to re create the same depreciation area you can do it at TCode AFBN - New Depreciation Area . All the exisiting assets applable to this area will be re-opened along with all depreciation calculations. Deprecation will also be calculated in this month after running AFAB.

However if you need to create a new depreciation area you can do it as normal implementation of asset accounting.

Cheers

Srinivas

srinivasavepa
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

The new depreciation area needs to be created as I already mentioned, this was deleted altogether in the system. AFBN allows openeing of the new depreciation area for the previous assets. However, all the assets have to be changed with the new keys and AFAR needs to be done.

On a test basis, I created new depreciation area. We already have depreciation area 10 ( tax depreciation). After AFBN, in the new depreciation area I changed the depreciation keys ( after AFBN, the book depreciation keys got defaulted.) with that of area 10 and compared the results. They do not match.

Hope you understood my problem and concern

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Please read the documentation of transaction AFBN carefully. I think the new depreciaiton area created needs to have a reference depreciation area assigned for it to get the correct values.

Hope this may help you.

Regards,

~Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

Can you please let me know what depreciatiion key you have given for different asset classes for dereciation area 40- SMACRS. I just activated area 40 for previous assets and dont know which key needs to be populated in the asset master.

Thanks in advance

Sharat