cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can some one explain me the drawbacks of positive time management.

also the major differences with respect to positive and negative time

Basically i need to give the idea of the advantages and disadvantages of positive time to client.

some one plz give me inputs so that i can prepare a document on the same and present

Edited by: sansai on Sep 16, 2008 2:19 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sansai...

Here is the major difference between +ve and -ve Time Management...

Negative Time Management: Only deviations will be recorded

Example: Absences, Overtime, Substitution etc....(which are against to the hours worked)

Positive Time Management: Not only deviations....everything will be recorded including the hours worked...

Example: All times....including above examples...

I hope you can prepare the required doc with the above info....

I have given you very small information....but everything is related to the same with respect to +ve and -ve

Please let me know...if you need more than the above info...

Regards

Vijay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Positive Time : When Time records are analysed based on Employee's Time in /time out...I mean exact time event.

If he is coming at 8.10 am and leaving at 18.10, his total 10 hours will be calculated against his planned working time & Breaks and in this case, in IT2005 2 hrs will be updated.

Same goes with Absence etc., if there is no time in time out on a particular date...where as his Planned Working time shows that he is suppose to be in office.

This definitely makes the things very easy, however biggest challenge would be time recorder interfacing and then in regular use, approving the missing time events.As missing time events will generate wrong results.

Negative Time: When you are only talking about deviations, not the Presence.It is understood that employee is present in the office based on his Planned working time.If he doesn't come or does the overtime, only in such cases of deviation, we will record it in respective infotype.

Both have its own pros and cons, depending on the clients requirement, it could be +ve or -ve or a healthy mix of both...

Best wishes.