cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to do the assembly processing using PS and SD integration. I referred the following link for this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/95/1613ab837b11d2b6700000e82d8bd1/content.htm

I was able to do it successfully for the strategy 85 and requirement class 212, where when we are saving the sales order, it is getting assigned to the existing WBS element in operative project alongwith the network copied as per the standard network.

However when i try to do the same for strategy 83 and requirement class 202, i am getting the below mentioned error

**Customer order item 000010 has no project --> acct assmt not at activity lvl

Message no. CO321**

*Diagnosis*

*You are trying to create an activity-assigned network for the sales order item , 000010 which is not settled on a project. This combination is not permitted.*

*System Response*

*The function was not executed.*

*Procedure*

*Check your entries and*

*either use a network type with header assignment or*

*settle the sales order item on a project*

To have done the following steps

1.Assembly type 2: As described in Material Requirements in Assembly Processing this is the only assembly type that is available for assembly processing in the Project System.

2.Special stock E: Sales order stock. The Valuation indicator for this stock is set to M, which means that the stock is valuated and that a separate valuation strategy can be defined for this stock.

3.Order type PS05: The order type is identical in this case with the type of network that is created during assembly processing. PS05 is a header assigned network with internal numbers for Make-to-Order processes.

4.Account assignment category E: The material is kept in sales order stock. The costs from the goods movements of the product are posted directly to the sales order. something.

Please let me know if i am missing.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang,

System behavior is correct. As per ur config, sales order is the cost object. If you use activity assigned network, it becomes different/other cost object which is settled to WBS to which it is assigned. Hence you need to use header assigned network. Also in my opinion, you need not go for WBS as WBS are neither ur cost object nor stock object.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

Can you explain in more detail about this?

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarang,

Just open the link which you have given, and see the summary given at bottom, you will appreciate my earlier reply.

Refer Restrictions section at the bottom in these links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/a5/6abf04787f11d2b6650000e82d8bd1/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/49/ba7758805811d2b66e0000e82d8bd1/content.htm

Waiting for ur comments

Regards

Edited by: Shrikant Rakate on Sep 16, 2008 6:08 PM

Edited by: Shrikant Rakate on Sep 16, 2008 6:11 PM

Edited by: Shrikant Rakate on Sep 16, 2008 6:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

Thanks for your reply.

However I am getting confused now.As per my earlier post I am using Header assigned Network PS05 only as mentioned in intial SAP help link with requirement class 202 and Account assignment as E i.e. sales order as cost object ( E - Ind. cust. w. KD-CO and B - MTS prod./sales ord.).I tried using both E and B.

You have mentioned the same thing in your reply.

Also with requirement class 212, I am able to add a standard network under the operative WBS.However I am trying to generate a new project which should be triggered from my sales Order. I think this scenario will work if I use requiremet class 202 and config relevant to it and generate a new proj structure using my standard WBS and standard network (maintained in CN08)

Please correct me if i am wrong or missing something.

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can give it a try. Just 1 suggestion, in ur scenario WBS doesnt seem to be req. So dont assign STD WBS to STD network. Hence Sales order will generate just header assigned network.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant

I tried this, but i am getting the same error. Also as per my requirement I need a complete PS Structure with WBS and Netwroks, which should be triggered from sales order. As per my unserstanding and documentation which I have read i think this is possible with requirement class 202 and I am trying to do the same.

Please let me know if you have some comments on this.

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case, ie req of WBS, you need to go for class 212, SAP recommends that. Make WBS as cost object.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using RC 212 is fine, but it is asking for operative WBS. In that case my network is getting triggered from sales order but it is placed under a Operative projcet, which is not as per my requirement.

I am looking at a scenario when I save sales order with service material a new operative project should get created using Standard network and standard WBS, which is not happening by using class 212.

Thanks

Sarang

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

try with account assignment as "M" inspite off "E".

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried this using M but still i am getting the same error.

Thanks