Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding the function module 'SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using the function module 'SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1' to send an email with tab delimited text file as an attachment. while doing this i'm facing the folloing issues.

1. a) Here the subject line field is char 50. My subject line is more than 50 characters. Is there any other way to do so?

1.b) I am facing the data alignment problem in attached file if it is the case of Text file.

can you please let me know how to resolve these issues and also let me if there are any other function modules to do so.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

1. You will have to manage with a subject of 50 char. In any case a longer subject would not be visible in your mailbox.

2. For TAB delimited contents: Concatenate the fields of your internal table separated by HEX 09 (TAB). For every new line add HEX 0D at the end of the string.

Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

1. You will have to manage with a subject of 50 char. In any case a longer subject would not be visible in your mailbox.

2. For TAB delimited contents: Concatenate the fields of your internal table separated by HEX 09 (TAB). For every new line add HEX 0D at the end of the string.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well its better that u limit ur subject to 50 char if its still important then create a Z copy of ur FM and make the required changes