Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing OSS Note with /SAP/ and /DEVPROG/ - Note 1117955

mattnewell
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am trying to post OSS Note 1117955 which contains a Z* module from SAP as well as multiple changes to SAP modules. This is asking me for a transport for the Z module using /DEVPROG/, but then the SAP module changes are asking for a /SAP/ transport. The Note seems locked on the 1st transport and will not allow me to create a 2nd transport for the SAP program pieces. Anyone run into this before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member589029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually when you do a modification to standard code (which a note application basically is) it puts it under a task of type 'Repair'.

Whereas when you change Z-objects they will be put under a task of type 'Development/Correction'

Try the following:

Create a transport that you will use for the note application which contains two tasks: one for repair and one for development/corrections and try to apply the note again by linking it to your new transport.

- SE10

- Create

- Select Workbench

- Confirm

- put in a description

- confirm

- put the cursor on the request

- click on the add user button

- choose your own user name

- confirm (this will add a second task to your transport request)

- click on the first task

- menu request/task - change type

- Choose Repair

- Do the same for the second task and choose development

Hope that helps,

Michael

2 REPLIES 2

former_member589029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually when you do a modification to standard code (which a note application basically is) it puts it under a task of type 'Repair'.

Whereas when you change Z-objects they will be put under a task of type 'Development/Correction'

Try the following:

Create a transport that you will use for the note application which contains two tasks: one for repair and one for development/corrections and try to apply the note again by linking it to your new transport.

- SE10

- Create

- Select Workbench

- Confirm

- put in a description

- confirm

- put the cursor on the request

- click on the add user button

- choose your own user name

- confirm (this will add a second task to your transport request)

- click on the first task

- menu request/task - change type

- Choose Repair

- Do the same for the second task and choose development

Hope that helps,

Michael

0 Kudos

I tried these steps and it did not work. The SE10 transaction will not allow me to create in the transport in both the /SAP/ and /DEVPROG/ workbenches. Thanks for the help.