Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect with Translation Manager in BO XI 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all.

I have this little problem.

My customer actually using BO XI r2 but I want to migrate to XI r3 because we want to use multilanguage capabilities.

First I want to evaluate this new version, so I try to install BO XI R2 on RedHatLinux with 60 days evaluation Key.

Actually if I try to connect from my Windows client,

have this error when start 'Translation Manager':

"You don't have right to use application.." (original message in italian: "Non si dispone del diritto ad utilizzare l'applicazione")

In login popup I'm using same info that works perfectly with InfoView application:

System: <servername>

Login: Administrator

Pwd: (none)

Authentication: Enterprise

In CMC panel I can't see any application named "Translation Manager"...

...I suppose that I can't use Translation Manager with my 60 days evaluation key...

Some one can help me?

Thank You,

Carlo Strino

Edited by: carlo strino on Sep 16, 2008 12:59 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if it's a licence issue, but we are experiencing almost the same. This is our scenario:

We have the following scenario on our Unix deployment of Business Objects XI 3.

When I try to log onto Translation Manager I receive the following error message:

<b>You haven't the right to use this application.</b>

When I then log onto the CMC and got to Applications to set the security, there is no Translation Manager in the list of application.

We then installed Business Objects XI 3 on a Windows platform and the Translation Manager works perfectly. This might be an issue with the unix install, but I'm not sure?

Answers (0)