cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to work on PRT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to assign PRT in my operations. So as I understand I have to create PRT (FHMI) material master and then assign it to operations. my doubt is after GR of semi finished will I get back my PRT in the stock??How system works I need a gist on this please.

Second doubt is for welding rods for example which gets consumed, do I need to create material master with material type FHMI and then assign it as a BOM of the semi so that I can calculate its value?

Please reply.

Regards,

Mohammad Arif.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to get back your PRT after confirmation ,we can do it as, by defining PRT as consumable as well as By-Product in Bill of material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to define PRT as consumable?

Regards,

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

PRT' s are used as a tools which are used during the production. So they are not consumed.

First create the PRT with material type FHMI

Then you have to assign this PRT in particular operation in the Routing.

The PRT always reusable.

Go to CO02 (Production order) in operation view at bottom there is option for PRT.

You can do the availability check for PRT also . PRT has usage and formula on that basis it can be utilize in production.

Only PRTs will have the maintenence plans and calibration plans thats all .PRT will not have any consumption in production

You have to maintain availability group in material master.

Then in transaction OPJK - order control, cehck the availability check settings for PRT's

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr Brahmankar,

I have done as you said. assigned PRT to my operation. Customized availability check.

Currently I dont have that PRT in stock. Still it is showing it is available??

One more question boss: the way I am assigning PRT is it similar to using a crane in an operation and then keeping it back to stores? I mean to say this is the way to assign PRT like cranes, overhead cranes which we use and do not consume??

Regards,

Mohammad Arif.

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope you have Create it as equipment PRT .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First I have created it thru MM01 and assigned to operations in production order.

Later I created PRT in IE01 and assigned to operations in production order.

In both the cases it is saying PRT is available even though there in no stock of it!

Customizing I have done correctly.

Regards,

Mohammad Arif.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Actually acording to the SAP Defination for PRT.. It is only used during maintenance work , it is not supposed to be consumed even after lots of usage cycles. however we can do maintenance on PRT. if have taken it as a equipment...

the only way of maintenance is maintenance plan only.. as soon as production order is confirmed.. measuring document is posted on the measuring point of PRT

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Brahmankar,

I have explained you the problem. PM module is not there.

I dont understand why I am getting the error message.

Please tell me If I have to do anything which comes under PM module, I will do that.

I want a solution , my client is waiting for an answer. Look very simple, I am assigning a crane to my operation.the way material availability is checked , PRT availability is not being checked...WHY??????

Please look into this.

Regards,

Mohammad Arif.