cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MULTILINGUAL OPERATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

DEAR EXPERTS,

I have some confussion regarding Multilangual-support in MDM.

SUPPOSE IN MY REPOSITORY ALL THE DATA ENTERED IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE NOW WE CHANGE PRIMARY LANGUAGE

TO GERMAN. WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN WE LOGIN DATA MANGER,IMPORT MANAGER WITH GERMAN LANGUAGE?

HOW CAN WE MAINTAIN DATA IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGE DIRECTLY IN DATA MANAGER.

THERE ARE TWO INHERITENCE. WHEN THIS INHERITANCE TAKE PLACE?

WHICH TABLE AND FIELDS ARE ALWAYS MULTILINGUAL AND WHICH ARE NEVER and WHICH ARE OPTIONAL?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pappu,

this will help you out.

+ An

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jitesh and Ankur thanks for your nice reply. Now I got it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pappu,

If you have any other query related to Multilingual kindly post it else Update the thread status because most of the people having doubts related to multilingual so this thread might be useful for them.

An nice effort related to Multilingual functionality.

Regards,

JItesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,Jitesh

Many many thanks for your co-operation

Ankur In your block it has been written lookup table display field along with PDF,images, text blocks, text HTML are multilingual.

The look up field in the main table is not multilingual.instead the field sof lookup table wil be multilingual. The option of making it multilingual is disabled.

So is it mean the field which is not DF in lookup table will non-lingual.

I am choosing field type as Lookup[PDF], Lookup[text HTML] but multilingual is not enable.

In help.sap com it has been written lookup table display fields, are automatically multilingual.

what is the meaning of automatically here.

I am not getting the multilingual support of lookup. There are different lookup field lookup[qualified], lookup[taxonomy], lookup[hierarchy], lookup[Flat] For these field type I think multiligual is not possible. Am I right?

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance

Edited by: pappu halder on Sep 17, 2008 9:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pappu,

Only Text and Text Large fields can be set to Multi-Lingual and by default all the display fields of the lookup tables are set to multi-lingual only if the repository is Multi-Lingual and there is no need to set Lookup PDF and Lookup HTML as multi lingual since we are linking these files.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pappu,

In case of Lookup Qualified and lookup Taxonomy since we are looking into these tables therefore if you can make the fields present in these tables as multi lingual then indirectly your lookup field will become multilingual since this lookup field will get the data from these lookup tables.

Note: This is applicable for all type of lookups

Hope it helped

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pappu,

Jitesh is right for automatic since we have to assign/link PDF.

If you check in Data Manager, Language Detail Tab, you will see the language specific lookupPDF.

+ An

P.S. - Pre-requisite for any field to be multilingual is; repository should be defined as multilingual

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur and Simona ,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to know which Field and table will be always multilingual and which are never and which are optional.

Block is very useful . But I am confused about look up table and field which are multilingual. because when I have selected field type lookup[PDF], lookup [text HTML] in console but multilingual property is not enable there.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pappu,

Please check the below link you will find a table of fields with all the supported properties.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/8e/9f9c427055c66ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Go to Repository Maintainance -> Repository Structure Operations -> Working with Fields

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Pappu,

Images, text blocks, and PDFs are multilingual. Images are not multilingual. Numerical fields are also not multilingual. Its obvious that they not required multilingual capability.

In those PDFs, I given example for lookups.

Please verify.

+ An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When we say that MDM repository is multilingual it means it has provision to store and maintain data within MDm rep in different languages.

For this you will have to define your repoistory and repository fields as Multilingual for the ones which will be holding multilingual data.

In the import manger you can import mulitilingual source file data into multilingual fields by mapping one to one for each specific field in each specfic language.For eg you have a field dsecription as multilingual in two langauges say English and French then you will have two destination MDm fields in MDM import manger Desciption<Eng> and Description<French> in this way you can map each language field data acc.

The Primary language displays the Data in that fields based on the Primary language in which you want to view that particular field data the Secondary language will be the dispaly language for teh Field data if in case no value exist for that field in the primary language.

Now consider a multilingual field that is missing data in the current language. In a single-language repository, the value is shown as empty or NULL. However, MDM uses an innovative inheritance scheme to display u2013 and color-code u2013 data from other language layers for data values that are missing in the current language.Language inheritance is a type of layer transparency that allows individual data values to u201Cshow throughu201D from other language layers when the current layer is missing data

Within the multi-layered data model, not only the data but also all of the MDM repository metadata can be stored in multiple languages, for a consistent user experience in each language.

Language-specific metadata includes:

u2022 Table names

u2022 Field names

u2022 Category names

u2022 Attribute names

u2022 Attribute text values

Each user of the MDM system sees a u201Clanguage-centricu201D view of the repository data and metadata For example, one user can be entering and editing data in French while a second user is searching and browsing the repository in Japanese.

You can Follow the below links to understand Importing of Multilingual data:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0e4c37d-995c-2b10-e189-84240c89...

Managing Multilingual Data in MDM Data manger:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0030639-9b5c-2b10-b7b8-dcc9bf1b...

Console settings For Multilingual data:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30fddcb9-2a40-2b10-a9a9-db552d68...

Syndicating Multilingual Data:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/309c9712-2403-2b10-ba9f-d512da33...

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto