cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procurement Types Problem in network.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing a problem in network activities.

Recently we have copied the development server to quality server.

I am now checking the scenarios in Quality server, I have created projected and created network. In network I mentioned the activities, for Act1 I am entering the material requirement in material component view, I mentioned the material numberXXXXXX, quantity 5 and the item category as L, here usually a pop use to come to choose the following options

1. Reserv for netwok

2. Resrv. WBS element

3. PReq + Res - WBS elem

4. Prelim. PReq - WBS elem

5. 3rd Party req. WBS elem.

here we use to choose option 1 or 2 or 3.

Pop up is not coming in Quality server, inspite of that the procurement type is directly taking as Reservation for network.

I have created a project in development server n its working properly there.

I have checked the cutomization settings in Development server and Quality server for material procurement settings, the settings are same in both the servers.

I am worried why the pop up is not coming.

Please help me out in this regard as we are nearing to Go Live.

Thanks and Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please check in material master of the material. In MRP 4 tab in Individual/coll. box, check the entry whether it is 1 or 2. If it is 2 then while attaching the material system will not ask you any option and will directly take procurement type as 'Reservation for network'

If it is 1 then it will ask the option which you desire.

Regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Thanks for your reply,

Excellent answer, its working fine, n now I understood the important of the procurement type n process also.

Thanks for all for providing the inputs.

Regards.

Raju

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your material master. Compare urs material master used in Quality and u r using in Production. Check all the entries from basic to accounting.

Regards

Abhinay Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinay Gautam,

Thanks for your reply,

I have checked both the material master in Development and Quality as well. There is no difference in between them.

But still the problem exists.

Can you please through some other lights on this,

Edited by: SAP Consultant on Sep 16, 2008 4:54 PM

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once u select "component overview" for activities, after that in which tab u r entering urs components(total or purch).

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am entering the detials in total tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using the procurement indicator. Check if it is getting defalted while assigning the material to activity.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

Thanks for your reply.

Firstly I havnt understood ur point, I am not maintaing any procurement indicator in network activity, but procurement indicator is maintianed in material master MRP2 view as F external procurement.

But when I enter the material number, qty and item category as L the system immediately taking reservation to network in procurement type field and getting into gray color (uneditable).

Please suggest me on this issue.