cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple XML Type, Same filename, Single Comms Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using a file sender comms channel to pick up a files and have a single sender agreement to point the files towards an interface. However, the files can contain one of three different types of XML document and I need to point them towards different message interfaces. According to SAP's documentation I can only have a single sender agreement associated with a sender file comms channel. An example is below

File 1: input_feedback_20080916001 contents: XML_Type One

File 2: input_feedback_20080916001 contents: XML_Type Two

File 3: input_feedback_20080916001 contents: XML_Type Three

File 4: input_feedback_20080916001 contents: XML_Type Two

File 5: input_feedback_20080916001 contents: XML_Type Three

My problem how do I process these documents in this scenario. How do I use a single comms channel to process these files and then get them to the right message interface. Obviously the easiest solution is to have a unique name so that I can identify the three different XML types. However, the partner will not rename the files.

I appreciate your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

One solution to your problem is to create three more outboiund interfaces with different names and then three communication channels with three sender agreements.Although this is not recommended solution but Do this if nothing works for your problem. Do necessary changes in mappings at repository side.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

sudhir, I'm not sure how that would work and what I'm supposed to do with it.

What I need to do is find some way of determining what documents I have and then getting them to the appropriate interfaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the file name as *.xml in the Sender Communication channel. so that all the Files will be picked up which are having the .xml extension

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Seshagiri,

Getting the files into XI isn't too much of a problem as they all have the same filename prefix. It's point the documents to the correct mesage interface. I have three different types of XML and any one of those could be inside any one of the XML documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bluesboy,

You can do the following. only if the structure of the files is xml, not flat file.

Create a new message type containing the three diferent types of xml. Set cardinality of the 3 segments to 0:unbounded.

I don´t know it will work. try it.

Regards,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on the Message Type structure only the Corresponding message Interface and mapping wil be executed.

To avoid al these confussions, use dedicated Folder to specific xml type files

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seshagiri,

Thanks but each document has to come into the same folder. If I could put the different documents in seperate folders that would solve the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

See bluesboy34,

Basically we wil be able to handle One structure only in One scenario.

If the Source Structure is Different means better to go for another scenario only.

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seshagiri,

That is what I thought - One file receiver, one sender agreement = ONE XML document.

I shall go back to my partner and see what I can do.

Thanks