cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no transcation data load without master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What changes we need to do to ensure that transcation data load fails if no master data exist. Normally what happens is that while loading the transcation data if BW doesn't find the Master data then it first makes an entry in master data table and then load the transcation data.

But the issue here is that although you have master data attribute record with no attribute data.

Thanks

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

o_amon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Although it's a long time since the thread was opened:

The problem might have been, that, if you once loaded transaction data allowing automatic master data update, corresponding entries in master data tables were created (leaving attribute values and texts initial, of course).

If you later flag e.g. in DTP "No update without Master Data", this will remain without effect on master data values already loaded before...

Therefore, you'll have to test new settings with new data...

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use "Donot update if no master data exists" option in infopackage or DTP.It should work.

If you are trying to load transaction data now (second time since you already tried once) master data entry would have already come.

First delete the request.

Delete master data and check if it got deleted.

Then only try this option.

It should fail if master data doesnt exist.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I am doing it in the same way.

First I have deleted the data from ODS and at all infoprovider which uses that info object and then I have deleted master data with SID for that info object and then tried to load the data again with "No further processing without Master data option" in DTP of ODS.

The option "Donot update if no master data exists" is there at the ODS to Cube DTP but not at PSA to ODS DTP. Also I think they should work in the same way.

Thanks

Vishal

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Load from PSA to ODS will also create master data entry.

You need to delete data in ODS too.

Instead why dont you check the /bi0/P(your master data name) table and check with an example record if it already exists.

or maintain master data tab for that infoobject.

You cant delete master data if its used somewhere

So make sure you have deleted the master data by checking if the deletion has occured at all.

Delete that record in master data table and load record from transaction data and check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As this info object is used only in two info providers so I first deleted the data for both ODS and then deleted all the master data for that info object ( BW gave message - that it is able to delete all data. Do you want to continue.) . And then I tried to load the data in ODS. So when there is not even a single entry in master data table for this info object so when I try to load the data in ODS it should give an error. If not at the time of loading then at the time of ODS activation it should give error. ( How come it is able to create SID entry and master data table entry that I am not able to understand.

Regads,

vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shambhu,

Can you please let me know in detail about the settings you are refering to.

Thanks

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

But still when I load the data in ODS it completes successfully and it also loads the data in master data.

How is this possible?? How transcationa data will load master also? Me too confused...change the errpr handling settings and check again.

Thanks..

Shambhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I meant the request should have failed as there was no master data when I schduled the request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried the option " No further Processing without Master data" in the DTP of ODS and also checked the option of SID generation upon Activation" in ODS definition. But still when I load the data in ODS it completes successfully and it also loads the data in master data.

What I expect is that request activation should fail as there is master data for that info object at the time we run the DTP.

Am I missing something....

Thanks

Vishal

rajkumar_kandula
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can make use of the option make "Check For Master Data' of ODS while loading data.

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the infopackage of the transaction data......

Under update tab.

Choose the "Donot update if no master data exists"

and load.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the DTP, on Update tab, there is a check box "No Update without Master Data". Check this and load the data.

Thanks..

Shambhu