cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we make the status of the Idoc based on some response Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have developed Idoc--SOAP Sync Process Scenario Using BPM and Works Perfectly.

I have used STATUS.SYSTAT01 Idoc to capture the Response that is comming from the Webservice.

I have mapped the response Text( Success or Fail) to one of the field in the Response Idoc, this is perfect.

Requirement:

1) If the Response Idoc Field receives Success Text means the Idoc Status shld be in Green Status.

2) If the Respnse Idoc Field Receives FAIL means the Idoc Status shld be in RED Status.

OR

Another Option is

1) Let us Assume that If i trigger one Idoc MATMAS to Webservice, if they receive that properly means the Idoc STATUS.SYSTAT01 shld show the success in WE05 of R/3.

Else it shld show Error status.

How can i Do this. please suggest me......

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I Tried with STATUS.SYSTAT01 Idoc by posting through WE19 as a Inbound Processing.

Here in we19 i passesd the Status Of Idoc as 56 in the field manually and posted it.

But Now also the status of the Idoc is 53 and showing success in we02

Any updates.....

Regards

Edited by: Suman gupta on Sep 17, 2008 12:17 PM

Edited by: Suman gupta on Sep 18, 2008 8:21 AM

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the status to Status 16 / 17 in SYSTAT. 16 I think is success , 17 is failure.

Also, in the SYSTAT you will have to provide the Original Idoc number, are yoyu doing this?

When the Systat goes to R3 what is the status it is in?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

First of all its good to see you again here.

Thanks For your reply on this,

>>Also, in the SYSTAT you will have to provide the Original Idoc number, are yoyu doing this?

Just iam capturing the Webservice Response Text in one of the field in SYSTAT (Either Success or Fail) only.

Based on this Text i have to change the Idoc Status , either 53 or 56.

Iam not mapping the Original Idoc number to none of the field in SYSTAT .

How to do this, can you please brief out the steps behind this.

What is the Purpose of this Mapping the Original Idoc Number(MATMAS Idoc Number) to SYSTAT

>>When the Systat goes to R3 what is the status it is in?

Always it is showing 53(Success) only

Regards

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suman,

The prupose of the SYSTAT Idoc is to update a Original idoc from SAP with a Update Status.

In your case MATMAS is the Material Master and to confirm that it has been processed by the end system ( Webserrvice Consumer ) with Success or Failure, you would need to provide SAP with the Original Idoc number whose status you want to update.

In the SYSTAT Idoc, you will need to provide the Original idoc number so that the Systat Idoc can update the status of your matmas idoc.

I am not a functional guy but If I remember right, the status we used were Status 16 for success and 17 for failure. Might change , might not and a functional person if the best person to answer that.

Meanwhile in XI , when you do the response mapping from the Webservice Response to SYSTAT, you should do a N:1 mapping where you map the webservice response and the Original Idoc as the request message and the target message is the Systat.

The original idoc will contain the Idoc number in the Docnum and you map this to the E1STATS - DOCNUM field, and the rest from the webservice response as needed.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is an error just popup the popup window in SAP system mentioned it got an error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Reply Bhavesh,

>>Meanwhile in XI , when you do the response mapping from the Webservice Response to SYSTAT, you should do a N:1 mapping where you map the webservice response and the Original Idoc as the request message and the target message is the Systat.

Can you please give me clear cut on this , iam not sure abt this how to do.

and also my view is just enough to catch the Webservice response in the SYST idoc and changet that Idoc status to either success or Fail.

Correct me please...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

How to get the MATMAS Idoc Number and that can be passed to SYSTAT Idoc to the DOCNUM Field??? and how to do that mapping, can you allobarate it plzzz

As of now iam just mapping the Webservice Response(Success or Fail) Message to one of the Field in SYSTAT Idoc.

The Problem here is every time the SYSTAT Idoc Status is showing as Success status only irrespective of my Response Text messge. Untill and unless i open and see the Text i dont know whether it is Success or fail.

If you dont mine,Can you please explain me by taking one Example

Regards

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Suman , Please read my answer above.

You will have to provide the Original Idoc number otherwise what you are attempting to do does not make sense functionally

Also the Systat Idoc will always have status 53. You will only see the change in the status of the Original Matmas Idoc as that is what the Systat Idoc is used for.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Now got the Purpose of the SYSTAT Idoc.

Before this i thought of we have to check the SYSTAT Idoc status only If we want to know whether the sent MATMAS Idoc is success or fail.

I come to know through U But i thought was in wrong way, Correct one is the MATMAS Idoc status itself will show us if that is Processed by target or not with the help of SYSTAT Idoc after the Process Cycle is complete.

OK oK......

Now My concentration is how to do the Response mapping in IR....

I can Mapp the MATMAS Idoc to Request Of Webservice.

Can You please let me know the process on developing the Response Mapping and getting the MATMAS idoc Number and passing it to the SYSTAT DOCMUN???

Iam getting the Response from Webservice as SUCCESS or FAIL only.I have Only one field in Response Webservice

What i have to do in Mapping

Please Bhavesh, help me in this

Regards

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your BPM where you map the response of the SOAP to the SYSTAT Idoc , change the mapping to also include the Idoc.

This is called a N:1 mapping, and then do the necssary mapping logic!

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

>>In your BPM where you map the response of the SOAP to the SYSTAT Idoc , change the mapping to also include the Idoc.

Really iam not able to catch your point here.

If you dont mine can you please clear the above mentioned part please..

Do i need to change any thing in my BPM ?? or there is a change in Response Mapping alone??

Regards

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will have to search on SDN and read up on MultiMapping with a BPM. Its rather difficult to explain with words !

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Bhavesh,

By your Reply i can come to one conclusion

No Need to change in Request MATMAS Idoc to Request Webservice

& Also there is no need to change in the Integration Process also as iam able to receive the Response message text from Webservice to R/3 in SYSTAT Idoc.

In Response Mapping

I have to take the MATMAS Idoc and the Webservice Response structure at Source side and the target side i will take SYSTAT Idoc

I will just mapp the MATMAS DOCMUN Field to the SYSTAT Idoc's DOCMUN Field.

& Webservice Response ( I will ask them to send either 16 or 17 based on the fail or success) to the STATUS Field. With the help of Multi-Mapping(N:1)

Is the Above Process is correct or not. Please confirm it.

Regards

Suman

Edited by: Suman gupta on Sep 19, 2008 8:11 AM

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

You can map the text "success" or "fail" in mapping to the constants with value 51 or 53 whatever and from R3 side there is a Program RC1_IDOC_SET_STATUS. Chk this thread

also chk it if helps http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/71/91af15ba7b11d6b2a500508b6b8a93/frameset.htm

Thanks!