cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization for changing the user status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to give authorization in such a way that after the initiator has creataed a DIR...:

1. When it goes to the next approval, the person should be only able to change the user status and save.

he should not be allowed to change anything else.

I have tried using different authorization objects but none of them worked. Is there any tcode in DMS for just approving the DIR (changing it to next available user status), similar to release strategy. For ex ME29N for approval of PO (Purchase order) ?

Thanks

Anish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all !!

With the help of your sugeestions i was able to do the same.

thanks agian

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

Based on your requirement, I would like to suggest to go by workflow to approve the document..

With the help of workflow, you can approve the document in workflow inbox itself (workitem), no need to go to DIR, the status will get automatically change in the DIR.

for this you have to use function mudule (set/get next status).

you can do this by taking the help of Workflow consultant and abap.

regards,

nitin

award point if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may use C_DRAW_STA document status authorization to control it.

Anirudh,

Anish - Please award if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if we use the auth object "C_draw_STA" , we need to give the user , authorization for Tc0de cv02n, in which he will have the authorization to change /delete objeect.

I need the authorization just to change the status of the DIR

Thans

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anish,

The purpose of different User status is that while creating...the document goes to various stages/departments for approvals, changes, versions and many more things so CV01N is used only while creating the DIR and in CV03N the user will not be able to change the status so by default you need to give the Authorization for CV02N.

You need to check with your Technical guy as i think in standard it is not possible.

Regards,

N

Former Member
0 Kudos

One solution to your problem can be that you can give the authorization for CV02N but the parameters for which you need to give can be controlled by Authrization Object level...by creating the Authorization field for STABK (which is the technical name for document status) and Object Class. Use T Code SU20.

assign the same to your role in PFCG, i guess that will solve your problem.

Regards,

N