cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any standard extractor for AFD provided by SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We are planning to implement SEM-BCS ? From this forum and SAP documentation( help.sap.com and service.sap.com), I just found that integration with ECC is total records(RFD) and some master data. Unfortunately, I could't find any further integration point. AFD such as inventory balance, Gross profit etc seems to be extracted from ECC such as FI, MM or CO module. But there is no mention in SAP documentation.

I think I missed good integration point SAP provided.

Otherwise, We have to develop the some program to extract AFD. Is my understanding correct?

Is there anybody who has experience to extract AFD from ECC with standard extractor or CBO program?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One of the options for AFD for OCI is to use the totals records, which is the same as RFD. Both the inventory balance and gross profit may, in many cases, be RFD for certain items already included in RFD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for reply.

IPI, IPA, and COI are needed for our business. I know that RFD is basic and critical part of SEM-BCS and SAP provided 0SEM_BCS_10 for extracting RFD.

From the reply of Eugene and Dan, it doesn't seem to be 'so-called' Standard process of extracting AFD information from SAP ERP functional modules. SAP does not provide Standard extractor for AFD.

What I know about AFD is that there is any commonly used way of extracting AFD from SAP ERP system. If not, we need additional budget for developing it. That's why I have to know about current status of SEM-BCS product.

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know, there is no standard extract for AFD, as it is typically not required.

It is typically not required because it can be either determined from RFD via configuration of these functions, or it is determined offline by users.

When determined offline by users the data is either manually entered, loaded via flexible file upload, or loaded first into staging infocube and subsequently loaded into BCS via load-from-datastream method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The main problem with automatical load of AFD is the strict dependence on the ECC/R/3 configurations that might differ very significantly.

So, there is no standard extractors for AFD.

IPI - I used to figure out the ways of calculating the figures needed for IPI with non-standard functionality. And understood that even with a standard functionality the task of extracting the proper values are not esy at all.

IPA - there are so much data that needed to be entered for IPA, plus FI-AA configuration depends on implementation...

CoI - the most of data for it is accessible in ECC, even in RFD.

So, forget about the standard and easy way of extracting the data needed. Try to examine the configuration of modules you are interested in, and find the ways to extract the data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Eugene and Dan,

I think I need more staffs such as SAP functional module consultants and ABAPers and budget to implement SEM-BCS than I expected.

Actually I'm not a techincal guy but Project coordinator. It is much more difficult to plan the SEM-BCS project than Other functional modules.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, you need to extract RFD.

After that you may think about AFD. AFD is needed for I/C eliminations. ONLY. So, you should decide to yourself, what you need to eliminate. Which modules you have and what information is provided. There is no uniform solution. It's just a job of SAP consultants to decide what and how it should be done.