cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context Node Attribute not available in View Configuration Available Fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am bit new to CRM Web UI. As a business requirement, I want to have Activity search based on Object ID (transaction Id) which was not available by default.

SAP suggested to add "Object ID" in the standard Structure CRMST_QUERY_ACT_BTIL and also to enhance the view cluster CRMVC_DQ by adding the attribute OBJECT_ID in the Dquery object BTQACT. ( As per the note 1088692)

After doing this when I open BSP WD Component Workbench for the component BT126S_APPT, I can see this newly adeed attribute in the view APPTSQ , I can see the newly added attribute in the Context Node BTQACT attribute list.

But the problem I am facing is, I cannot see the same under the "Available Fields" of the view in Configuration Tab.

Please let me know how to proceed further.

Would also appreciate if someone also share CRM 2006s /2007 WebUI Cookbook

Thanks

Yashodhan Mujumdar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

FabianJ
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yashodhan,

You also have to add this new field to the Design Layer in the customizing

Tx spro > Customer Relationship Mgmt > UI Framework > UI Framework Definition > Maintain Design Layers

-Enter 'BT126_APPT' for object type ('Work Area' field)

-Add a new entry: Design Object: BT126S_APPT, enter a description, and BOL Object Name: 'BTQAct'

-Select this line and click on 'Design'

-Enter BOL Attribute Name 'OBJECT_ID'

Save.

You should now be able to see the new attribute in the available fields under the configuration tab...

Regards,

Fabian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By default, your custom attribute will not appear in the 'Available Fields' list. It is always necessary to add it first to the Design layer, which is where the CRM web UI reads its data from.

Solution 1: Go to SPRO > CRM > UI Framework > UI Framework Definition > Design Layer > Deactivate Hiding of Fields

The problem could indeed be solved by 'Deactivating the Hiding of Fields', but this means that all custom fields will always be available throughout the system in the future. It is therefore recommended to only expose the fields that are needed, using the simple technique in solution 2.

Solution 2: Go to SPRO > CRM > UI Framework > UI Framework Definition > Design Layer > Define Design Objects

- Select the desired object type (e.g. BT111H_OPPT, BT126_CALL, etc.).

- From the 'Design Object' list, select the context node that you added the attribute to, and click 'Design'.

- In the 'Design' list, click 'New Entry'.

- Enter in the 'Attribute Name' field the name of your attribute, but leave all other fields blank (see image). Ignore the warning that pops up by clicking OK.

- Your attribute will now be available in the customizing screen in the web UI.

Regards,

Jonathan