cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in receiver determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a SAP Business system that is configured in XI and an IDoc that comes from the SAP Business System.

Already there is a scenario with the SAP BS and IDoc. Now I want a new scenario with the same BS and IDoc but a different receiver system. But it is not allowing me to create the receiver determination once again.

Is there a way to configure the new scenario without altering the existing receiver determination. This is required because even though the IDoc is the same, the two processes are entirely independent and uncorrelated.

Thanks.

Regards,

Sudharshan N A

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudharshan,

Have you tried to use XPATH routing roules in your receiver determination?

I think this would solve your problem and I think is the only way in yoy don`t want to change your current receiver determination.

Regards,

Carlos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just a wild guess, you can create Custom Idoc(ZIdoc) as a copy of standard one. If nothing works then can try this one.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you create a second RD with the same BS and IDoc -> how should the PI knows which scenario is related if an IDoc arrives?

So you can use only one RD for this case...

But you can add a second receiver service in the RD and work with conditions.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick,

Yes you are right .

But in that case already existing rd will have no condition.

Should the existing Rd also introduce conditions. Becoz i dont want that existing scenario to be triggered when new scenario is intended to be triggered.

Regards,

Sudharshan N A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to trigger only one of the two scenarios you have to work with conditions.

Is there any difference between the two scenarios (for example the receiver)?

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick,

Yes.

Both of them are two independent scenarios and receivers are different.

Regards,

Sudharshan N A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

then you could use the receiver as condition and it should work without problems.

Regards

Patrick