Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to display value from ztable to a free field in a standard tcode...

aris_hidalgo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement wherein I need to get some data from a custom table and

need to display it in one of the free fields of transaction FBL1N(Vendor line item display).

I really do not have any idea how to go about this. Hope you can help me guys.

Thank you and take care!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

You will have to look for an appropriate user-exit (if there are any) for transaction FBL1N. In the user-exit you can fetch the data from the custom table and populate the fields of the std transaction. Alternative - The fields in FBL1N are populated from the FI documents. So you can create a substitution rule (using a user-exit) and populate the field in the FI Doc. For this you might require the help of your functional consultant.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

You will have to look for an appropriate user-exit (if there are any) for transaction FBL1N. In the user-exit you can fetch the data from the custom table and populate the fields of the std transaction. Alternative - The fields in FBL1N are populated from the FI documents. So you can create a substitution rule (using a user-exit) and populate the field in the FI Doc. For this you might require the help of your functional consultant.

Hope this helps

Cheers!