Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error messages in Table Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a table control for table maintenance I' am having 5 columns. and the requirement is particular entire column should be input enabled while giving error message. As normally particular record(row) is going to be input enabled while giving error messages.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rajesh

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can explain your requirement in detail...????

You can use following code in PBO,

loop at screen.

if screen-name = '<>'

screen-input = 0/1. " as per the reuirement

endif.

endloop.

pts if it helps.

regards,

mahantesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'am speaking about after issuing error messege in section

LOOP AT EXTRACT. and ENDLOOP.

where it can not come to PBO.

When I' am giving error meesege here only that particular record(entire row) will be ready for input and disabling the input for entire table control records on a screen.

where as my requirement is to at the same time the entire column of particular field shoulb be input enabled.

regards,

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Don't issue an error message then. If you get an error, give an information message and set a flag that you will then check to prevent any further PAI processing from happening.

0 Kudos

As Christine said, if you want to set entire table column for input, you can't throw an error message. Another option, is to throw an error message, inside CHAIN/ENDCHAIN, but that way you can only validade line by line, which means that will be open for input line by line, not entire column.

Regards,

Valter Oliveira.

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using CHAIN/ENDCHAIN in PAI loop?

Regards,

Valter Oliveira.