cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM: schedule automatic import to QAS system via background job?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is it possible to schedule a background job every 10 min for the import to QAS to speed up the process instead of doing this every time in the schedule manager?

Nevertheless there is only an option to schedule daily, but I want it every 10 min!

I tried report /tmwflow/scma_trorder_import but it is not working, it wants an variant, but it is not possible to create one!

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Please see Note 1897163.

Use Option 1.

When specifying Period Values, select Other Period and enter 10 in the Minutes block.

This will Auto import.

Regards,

Calvin van der Walt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It's an old post. but to give a new answer :

- On your QAS system in your import queue set a fliter by Project ID.

- Import all with schedule.

That's it.

Hannes_Kerber
Explorer
0 Kudos

This is then bypassing any ChaRM transport methodologies - technically and transport perspective is the same, but tracking and reporting updates might suffer and you need to open project status switches.

Solution is to create an own report to call the task on the task list via FM /TMWFLOW/TASK_START.

This report can be scheduled as any other report, executes imports via schedule manager and provides logging. No need to open status switches and thus jeopardizing security and traceability in ChaRM.

Regards,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue. Should be able to schedule import from the Charm task plan on an hourly or xx minutes interval. But Daily is the only option. You cannot schedule in SM36 because it wants a variant and I cannot create one there. Any solutions would be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have solved this as part of our ChaRM enhancement package, but it is unfortunately not for free.

If you are still interested, my contact details are available in my business card.

Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

Did you ever solve this issue? I have the same problem, i would need my job to run every 15 min, even if the tasklist have a variant its not picking this up when the job is running.

Please guide me if you know the way!

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dears.

Someone resolved this issue? I need to configurate this job to run every 15 min, but in the task plain is not possible.

Regards,

FS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Help???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

why it should be not possible to plan a job via SM36?!

As step you can use an ABAP programm with report "/tmwflow/scma_trorder_import"

Please let me know whether or not it works, because I have the same problem.

Thank's!