Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

(e)SOA minimal Requirements for consuming Services

Hello everyone,

as mentioned in an previos thread I'm currently writing my diploma about "Enterprise SOA Bundles in SAP". In order of this I also need to write a Consumer-Application in Java which consumes services of the Bundle "Quote to Order for configurable products". The communication needs to been done over the IPC (Application <-> IPC <-> Services). I must NOT create new services. Now I'm sitting in my company and have the job to find out what is needed to realize this.

What I know:

- I need the Enhancement Package 3

- Because of this I need SAP Sollution Manager (at least version 4.0 with the highest Support Package Level

in the system environment (SAP_BASIS SP13 & ST SP14))

- Newest SPAM/SAINT-Upgrades

What i think to know:

- I need a provider- and a consumerside. The services which are meant to be consumed are stored in an ESR on

the providerside. For the ESR i need an XI (PI) or an CE with ESR installed

What I don't know:

- What exactly do I need on the consumerside?

- What kind of SAP System do I need for the providerside? Is only ERP 2005 suitable? Or does an

corresponding IDES, CRM etc. system also suite the requirements?

- Do I need any aditional components/upgrades I haven't mentioned?

- Do I really need the ESR for my mentioned purposes? Clearly: Do I really need the CE or PI?

- Are there any aditional points to be mentioned for installing the Enhancement Pack 3?

I would be very happy to get answers soon. In fact i need to hold a presentation on friday about my needs and what has to be done to get a proper system environmant for my diploma. Because of this eventually hardware has to be bought which costs money. And I really don't want to be the reason for buying expensive money which isn't really needed.

Greetings, Marco

P.S. I would also be happy if you could give me URLs of proper sources to answers for my questions. I don't really find the things I ask for in the "information jungle".

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question