(e)SOA minimal Requirements for consuming Services
as mentioned in an previos thread I'm currently writing my diploma about "Enterprise SOA Bundles in SAP". In order of this I also need to write a Consumer-Application in Java which consumes services of the Bundle "Quote to Order for configurable products". The communication needs to been done over the IPC (Application <-> IPC <-> Services). I must NOT create new services. Now I'm sitting in my company and have the job to find out what is needed to realize this.
What I know:
- I need the Enhancement Package 3
- Because of this I need SAP Sollution Manager (at least version 4.0 with the highest Support Package Level
in the system environment (SAP_BASIS SP13 & ST SP14))
- Newest SPAM/SAINT-Upgrades
What i think to know:
- I need a provider- and a consumerside. The services which are meant to be consumed are stored in an ESR on
the providerside. For the ESR i need an XI (PI) or an CE with ESR installed
What I don't know:
- What exactly do I need on the consumerside?
- What kind of SAP System do I need for the providerside? Is only ERP 2005 suitable? Or does an
corresponding IDES, CRM etc. system also suite the requirements?
- Do I need any aditional components/upgrades I haven't mentioned?
- Do I really need the ESR for my mentioned purposes? Clearly: Do I really need the CE or PI?
- Are there any aditional points to be mentioned for installing the Enhancement Pack 3?
I would be very happy to get answers soon. In fact i need to hold a presentation on friday about my needs and what has to be done to get a proper system environmant for my diploma. Because of this eventually hardware has to be bought which costs money. And I really don't want to be the reason for buying expensive money which isn't really needed.
P.S. I would also be happy if you could give me URLs of proper sources to answers for my questions. I don't really find the things I ask for in the "information jungle".