cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Release Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please can someone enlighten me on the following problem.

I am creating a Cart with a contract in SRM in ECS scenario but even though contract is be determined automatically, it is creating a PO and not release order. Why is this?

My team have maintained number ranges in SRM core and SAP backend for Release Orders/

Thank you.

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

In ECS, shopping carts can not refer to back end contracts as source of supply. You try this out in classic, you will find a release order created in your back end.

Regards,

RRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RRK,

In ECS then, why does not my PO that has been originated from a Cart with a contract already auto assigned in Source of Supply not generate a Release Order PO? When I do this at the moment, it creates a normal EC PO and not a Release Order in SRM.

Please enlighten.

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

In this case it is a local contract being referenced. The PO generated is a Release order only. You go to Contract Management -> evaluation purchase order per contract , there give your contract number it will show how much of the contract is utilised. Please do this before creating a shopping cart and after that . Release order quantity will increase by the shopping cart quantity.

Regards,

RRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello RRK,

Why does my purchasing order pertaining from a contract not appear as a release order as you have described? It only comes out as a Purchase order which is clearly incorrect and not how the system works.

Please clarify.

Vj.