cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTP - Only Get Delta Once

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After reading the help and blog series, i'm still confused on the 'only get delta once' for DTP.

if in the psa, 1st time infopackage loaded to psa, there are:

req2 20 records

req1 10 records

and 2nd time infopackage loaded to psa, in the psa there are:

req3 30 records

req2 20 records

req1 10 records

then i run DTP with only get delta once, what will be in the infocube? Is it the infocube will only have req1 records?

if i run DTP again with only get delta once, what will be in the infocube? will the infocube have req1 and req2 records? or the infocube only have req2 records?

regards,

zl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The above post explain it all. With Only Get Delta Once, source requests should be transferred only once.

Setting this indicator ensures that the content of the InfoProvider is an exact representation of the source data.

Thanks..

Shambhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks. let me see if i understand correctly.

if after loading the PSA with req1 and req2, i run the dtp with only get delta once, the infocube will contain req1 and req2 records, correct?

and if after loading the PSA with req3, i run the dtp with only get delta once, the infocube will pick req3 records. but infocube contains req1, req2 and req3 records, correct?

what will be the default selection if i only choose delta extraction mode without checking 'only get delta once', 'get one request only', 'retrieve until no more new data'?

regards,

zl

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if after loading the PSA with req1 and req2, i run the dtp with only get delta once, the infocube will contain req1 and req2 records, correct?

-

Correct

and if after loading the PSA with req3, i run the dtp with only get delta once, the infocube will pick req3 records. but infocube contains req1, req2 and req3 records, correct?

-

Absolutely Correct

what will be the default selection if i only choose delta extraction mode without checking 'only get delta once', 'get one request only', 'retrieve until no more new data'?

-

>

This indicator belongs to a data transfer process (DTP) that gets data from a DataSource or InfoPackage in delta mode. To prevent DTP requests from becoming too large (when the source contains a large amount of data) to be sent to the target as one DTP request, delta DTPs can be used to get the data request by request.If you set this indicator, a DTP request only gets data from one request in the source.

When it completes processing, the DTP request checks whether the source contains any further new requests. If the source contains more requests, a new DTP request is automatically generated and processed.

Thanks...

Shambhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Get Delta Once will get all the requests from the PSA which were previously not loaded by the request.

so answer to ur first question is :

1. If u have,'t loaded the 1 and 2 requests using DTP and agian u loaded 3rd request.

so when a DTP runs Cube contains ie picks all the requests.

2.in the second DTP run, it won't pick any request because those are already loaded. But those requests are precviously loaded to cube.

so cube contains all requests data.

REDDY