cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backorder qty on sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When doing a sales order for item A, Qty = 100 (In stock = 90, Available = 90), the open qty (rdr1.OpenCreQty) on the sales order line = 100. In previous versions (if my memory serves me correctly) the open qty should be 10).

Only when copying the sales order to an invoice, does the open qty on the sales order change to 10. Therefore when running the backorder report it also shows 100 on backorder and will only show the correct backorder qty once the order is invoiced.

Did something change or is this a bug as I suspect.

Client is on 2007A PL35.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daan

I am almost certain it did change somewhere along the line. Is the option for partial deliveries selected for this customer?

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Istvan

Yes, you are correct. However, the 'delivered qty' field also only get updated once the order is copied to a delivery or invoice.

This results in the backorder report displaying all open sales order lines.

Regards

former_member204969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This report is for helping to choose where to deliver the just received goods. Not for purchasing.

See note about backorder processing:

[https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1odSZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=941631;nlang=E&smpsrv=https%3a%2f%2fwebsmp105.sap-ag.de]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The query will still give me incorrect qty's - that is the sales order open qty (which should be difference between available qty and ordered qty) only updates to the correct qty (backorder qty) once the sales order is copied to an invoice.

Regards

former_member204969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The sales order open quantity is not the difference between available qty and ordered qty but the difference between ordered qty and delivered qty.

May be the help text misled you.

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Query for back order items.

SELECT T1.[ItemCode],  SUM(T1.[OpenQty]) AS 'Back Order Qty' FROM ORDR T0  RIGHT OUTER JOIN RDR1 T1 ON T0.DocEntry = T1.DocEntry 
WHERE 
T0.[DocDate] BETWEEN '[%0]' AND '[%1]' 
GROUP BY T1.[ItemCode]
ORDER BY T1.[ItemCode]

Jeyakanthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daan

Did you check the SAP notes and new PL's? I am moving to PL38 now as according to SAP most errors, especially tax related ones, were sorted out.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

The option for partial deliveries is selected. However it does not seem to make a difference either way save for the fact that when the partial delivery option is not selected, you can't add the invoice.

I ran a backorder report and it is a real mess. 90% of the lines in the report does not belong in the report because there are more than enough stock.

Regards

Daan