cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download the masthead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I'm a total newby to the NetWeaver Portal. At the moment I try to download the portal.navigation.masthead.par and modify it in the NWDS. When I click on the download button he downloads com.sap.portal.support.browse.default simple renaming into a par file works for the NWDS but when I try to deploy it as a IView into the portal I get systemfailures.

Best regards for your Help

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Logon as (super) admin

2) Go to System Administration > Support > Support Desk, then Portal Runtime > Browse deployment, then ROOT/WEB-INF/deployment/pcd

3) Search for "com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead.par"

---

4) Unzip/import in Eclipse and do your adaptations in /PORTAL-INF/jsp/HeaderiView.jsp

5) Create new PAR (new file name!)

6) Upload to portal

7) Create new iView based on new PAR file

😎 Edit your framework page and exchange the masthead iView

Also

Hi u can simply use the Theme Editor for that.

Just go to System Administration -> Portal Display -> Theme Editor.

In your own Theme, section Portal Masthead, you will find "URL to Branding Image".

You can also check those links for more info:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ep60sp2/helpdata/en/f4/bb7a3b688d3c1de10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

and

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here we have it between point 3 and 4, when I click the download button: "com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead.par" is not downloaded but a file named: "com.sap.portal.support.default"

I tried to rename it into com.sap.portal.support.par and for the NWDS it works and I can deploy it as a new PAR-Project and work at the JSPs etc. After I did some changes to the JSPs I tried to deploy it as a new I-View based on a par (as described in a How-to Guide I found here). But the modified Masthead isn't working. So there are 2 possible things:

1. I do it totaly wrong, when I try to redeploy into the portal.

2. The Masthead is somehow damaged in the renaming process from .default to .par

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii..

As u have told that u have succesfully dwnld the "com.sap.portal.support.default". Just open it with Zip. Here u will find a com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead.par.bak.

Rename it and delet .bak.

Now Import this file to NWDS and and do required changes, but dont forget to add the jar files.

Now use quick par Deploy optiontion with proper server settings.

Mayank saxena

If u have any query pls revert back.

Rewards r welcome

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, I tried to open it with winzip unfortunately it winzip doesn't recognice it, any tip to solve this problem?

Regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have Portal file system access, work around is downloading PAR file directly from file system. the path is something like.

\usr\sap\<instance>\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\deplyment\pcd

Once you find the PAR file you have to remove .bak extension.

Regards,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tobias,

What Uday suggest works!

But you can try this as well.

You can open the file com.sap.portal.support.browse.default with winzip application. Right click the file and open with winzip. And upon opening the file, extract the content to a new folder.

Rename the .par to .bak and you are good to go.

Cheers,

Sandeep Tudumu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't access to the file system, and win-zip persists the file I download is harmed ( I tried to download it several times, with the same result). Any Idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you do not have file system access, you can try the following...

navigate to Portal Runtime -> Deployement OverView -> There will be a link to display all component Archives. Now you will get a list of par files. Find the entry related to Masthead, if you see that it is Not installed, you have to click on Install button next to Masthead par. Once this step is complete, you can follow regular steps for masthead PAR modification ( like steps outlined by Chetna).

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am very sorry It is installed and was up to date. Seems to be a problem with my system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just give u r email ID . I can send the par file to u.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

That would be great:

tobias.doll (at) ids-scheer.com

I now tried another running portal und tried to download the .default there. In the .default was another .default when I unzip the second .default I get the whole structure. Any Ideas what I do wrong? Or should I try to include this manualy in a par project (how?)?

Edited by: Tobias Doll on Sep 16, 2008 1:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HIi ..

Pls check i have sent the par file on ur email id.

Thanks

rewards r welcome

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

What is the specific error that you are getting?

Regards,

Uday.