Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Controls is displaying in PDF form view

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to the Interactive Forms. I did a simple example, by creating a single view and added InteractiveForm as a child. Within this view I have create a simple context structure as

Context

-->TestNode (1..1)

--->FirstAttribute

--->SecondAttribute

--->PDFObject (binary)

and have drag drop these two attribtues(First Attribute,SecondAttribute) to the InteractiveForm. And changed the properties of interactive form mode to updateDataInPdf. No coding done in any of the controller.

After deploying this application a blank whit page is showing with only view name on top. And completely my system is being hanged from 5 to 10 minutes. Am I did any mistake in the above steps, causing the above problems.

Your help will be highly appreciable.

Thanks & Regards,

Chinna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Layout problem is solved. I got an another problem. In interactive form, I have added one Submit button of Webdynpr native control. No action created for this button.

I run the application, entered some data in input fields, and clicked on the submit button. PDF form got disappeared from the browser and ADOBE reader window opend and gave an error message in a popped up as "File does not begin with '%PDF-'".

Can you please tell me how to save the data in pdf on click of the submit button.

Regards,

Chinna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

Ideally if you havent associated any action with the button then this message shouldnt come at all. Let me know which version of WDP you are using: WDA or WDJ?

Cheers,

Arafat

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arafat,

I am working on Webdynpro JAVA Version 7.0.09.

Adobe Life Cycle Designer 7.1.

Adobe Reader 8.0.

Thanks,

Chinna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

You can go in this sequence:

1. Create a method say "Submit()" in the view where you have embedded the IF and bind the onSubmit property of the IF with this method.

2. Under implementation for this method you can write the code to retrieve the PDF from binary context and store in some byte array.

3. later you can use the byte array for saving/sending it wherever required.

Hope this helps... let me know if you have more queries.

Cheers,

Arafat

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arafat,

As you advised, I have created one action in view and binded this method to onSubmit event of IF. In the view method, I just wrote a code to display a message.

When I click on Submit button from PDF, no action is generated.

In IF control type of the button is selected as Regular. is this correct for this control or any other changes need to be made.

Can you please advise me.

Regards,

Chinna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

You have to select the Submit button according to the Layout Type of the IF. If Layout Type is NATIVE then choose a Submit button from WDP Native library else if the layouttype is ACTIVEX choose the button from WDP ActiveX library.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Arafat

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Changed the displytype property to native.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

Try upgrading your Adobe reader version and this will resolve your issue. Also, if the layout property of the interactive form is set to ActiveX then you need to install ACF component for applications to work correctly.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Arafat

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, if the layout property of the interactive form is set to ActiveX then you need to install ACF component for applications to work correctly.

With ZCI layout type you donot need ACF component installed for ActiveX forms.

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean the layout property means, displayType. In my NWDS 7.0, for the Interactive Form have the property "displayType" which has only two values -- activeX and native. I do not see ZCI displytype here. Can you please tell me where can I find this property.

Thanks & Regards,

Chinna

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies. Problem solved for page rendering. Have changed the display type to native.

Thanks,

Chinna.

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Page is being rendered and all the controlls are displayed after 30 minutes I run the URL. Any idea why is this taking this much of time.

Thanks & Regards,

Chinna.