cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system user id in SAP ESS MSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

for ESS MSS each user needs to have a unique system user id which is configured in 0105 subtype 0001. Buying a single user id costs a lot. Is there anyway that portal is accessible to users who don't have access to r/3?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Portal user id is different from R/3 userid. So you can create only for portal. But if you need to access some application which fetch data from r/3, then you need r/3 userid.

For this r/3 userid, you can map to a single userid for all portal users.

But if you need to personalise the application based on who logged in, then it is tough, even though you can achive it by passing portal userid as some parameter. But your applications should be capable to identify this parameter and processs accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi frank,

Thanks for the response. but i still have a question,...so the which system user id will be portal id or r/3 id that will be maintained in Communication infotype for the perner? My client wants to give access to ESS portal to all his employees but out of those, some users won't be given access to R/3. how to go about it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you are not creating r/3 id, you need to maintain portal Id. But as i said earlier it is tough to achieve unless your programs are capable for this type of scenario