cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating the Delimiting process for a record in infotype

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

In infotype 0021 , if a child reaches a certain age then it gets delimited and a new one subtype is created.

Can this delimitation of the record automated?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I belive that is not the functional module you need to use.

And more over dynamic action is also not possible

As of my knowledge Dynamic action is an action automatically done by the system based on the user action.

But we are not performing any kind of action over. We are not doing any initiation of action.

How dynamic action will get fired

If i am wrong please correct me experts

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, ..that is what dynamic action is executed based on the user action..

And im looking for a user action done on any infotype where I can calculate the age considering the DOB and then due this a dynamic action is triggered calling the creation of the new subtype of IT0021.

So i think we can try for dynamic actions option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimple,

You still have to go for an ABAP Program as the dynamic action gets triggered only when there is an action performed and I suggest you to prefer both the program as well as dynamic action as this would decrease the load of the ABAP program ....

You have to design the program in such a way that the logs should be updated (in case of any errors ) in a separate Y Table. Also this should get cleaned to maintain consistency..

Cheers,

Jacks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The situation here is I want a utility which everytime (in background or foreground ) checks the DOB with the system date and calculate the total number of years. That is we need to firstly whether there is a record in the infotype 21 with subtype as child.If yes,

then we need to check if the total number of years meets the triggering condition.

If anytime such situation arises then we have to automatically delimit the subtype child record and insert a new record with same data.

I am new to dynamic actions and also to BDC programming. Can you please help with the algorithm of the program and steps in dynamic actions?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is possible through the Dynamic Action.

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although I never tried it, however, it should be possible through Dynamic Action.You can compare the DOB with system date and the moment it becomes say for example 18 years, it should delimit the data of child.And in same action you can add steps to create a new infotype subtype and copy the relevant values from the previous subtype...

Best wishes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes..the suggestion looks fine to me..But can you explain ..for delimiting do we have to consider HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION FM.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need ABAP program which to be scheduled as daily backgound job, which can check and delimit the infotype with the help of BDC.