Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver RFC synchronouse scenario question:

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a doubt in Receiver RFC sync scenario. for example file to XI to RFC.

Question: when ever Response RFC is triggered in R/3 Side. How the data reaches XI.

By just creating Synch Communication channel for the RFC in XI, will the data to come to XI for RFC respose.

How when a Respose RFC is Triggered in R/3 Server, how the data points or reaches XI port?

How the Auto Triggered RFC Respose data points to XI and Comes to XI in a Synchronous RFC Receiver scenario.

PS: I am not from ABAP background. if any code has to be written in R/3 side for making the response RFC point to XI, please provide a generalized code also if possible.

Please Advice,

Prakash.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RFC destination,port at XI would help to get response data

No need to write any code,because RFC provide sync communication.

use links

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a sysnchronous scenario u mentione

Quality of service as :Best Effort

when you say Best effort SAP XI Uses SRFC queue i.e synchronus queue in which the data is tranferred in Request responce format.

The data once reaches the sap the response is triggered and the backward action is taken with response as message data and is posted back to the reciver configured in ID

Hope this is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

RFC is a synchronous scenario, when ever u send the request it will send the respoonse

Its a Function module behaviour

u need to map the response of RFC to the sender system.

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii

refer this link :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c8/e80440a832e369e10000000a155106/content.htm

Step 1: Create RFC destination of Type 3 to ECC in XI

Step2: Import u r RFC in IR do the mapping

Step3:In ID

Select Receiver RFC adapter.

Application Server : Server name of ECC( Receiver)

System Number : Sys no of ECC system

Logon User , Password,Language,Client --ECC System Info.