cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valuatin type not maintained

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am creating a po,the material is domestic spares excisable i.eDOM-S(E).valuation categarised as H.while saving purchase prder the system is displaying warning message as "valuation data for material xxxxxxxxx valuation type DOM-S(E) not maintained.why message is showing.what i can do ,to rectify the warning.please answer it.

Regards,

Ramakrishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Material master whether you have maintained the Valuation type for that material. You can check the valuation type in Organizational levels in Material master.

If maintained in Material master, check whether you have entered the valuation type in Purchase order, Item details Delivery tab whether Valuation type is there or not.

If not maintain it and proceed the PO your error will be solved.

rgds

GSC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I maintained in po ,already the material is maintained valuation category.eventhough the warning message is throwing.please explain.

Regards,

Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

If it is only warning, So please press enter and go head.

As per my view system not restrict you for further process.

Regards,

Mahesh Wagh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

suppose system is not objected,process wise ,is it correct.

please see other process if any.

Regards,

Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

suppose valuation type for a material is Excisable asDOM-S(E).if we want to change to non excisable i.e DOM-S(NE).what is the proceess for it.pl explain.

Regards,

Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the system showing the Warning message that means everything is not correct, this voilates the process but you can proceed and can save the PO.

But to remove this warning message you need to check Properly the Material master and check the valuation type related to Valuation category.

Have you created the material with all the related valuation types.

As per the error the material is assigned with Internal procurement 'E"

But you are creating the PO,check properly the valuation category & Valuation type in IMG Settings for that plant,

rgds

GSC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Check Purchase order - ME23N.

Here in tab of Delivery, You can see Valuation Type option.

But material is exciseable or not is depend on tax code of purchase order

Regards,

Mahesh Wagh

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

At right time means within the short time i got the answers from the experts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check the material in the display mode T Code MM03, whether any Valuation type is maintained for this material . Check the valuation class/Price control/Procurement type also. Eg If it is Raw material then whatever valuation type defined in your company has to be given and procurement type -External has to be selected. After getting the correct valuation type u can go to T Code. MM01 and put the same material . Then it will ask for plant , storage location , valuation type , u can just put the particular valuation type. Select the views u want to maintain and then keep on entering and save it.

Go to PO , same valuation type has to be given..it will show a 'X' mark against that particular valuation type if u press F4. (Eg. x - Lcxin where Lcxin is valuatiopn type)

If its not appearing that means its still not assigned to that material . Then u have to again check in MM03.

resgards,

somu c

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the material in the display mode (MM03), whether any Valuation types are maintained for this material. ie., when you go to MM03 transaction the system will ask for valuation type below the Plant and Storage location detail screen. If any valuation types are maintained for this material, provide the same in the PO item detail screen.

If not maintained any Valuation types, extend this material in MM01 to the new Valuation Types and then create the PO.

Regards,

Narayana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If the material is valuated then it is must to give the valuation class in Accounting 1 view for that material. Pls maintain it then raise PO.

Rgds

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you maintain valuation category for the material in Material master---> Accounting 1 view , then it is mandatory to maintain valuation type for that materials.

you extend the required valuation type to that material useing the transaction, MM01.

Regards

S.baskaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please check material master accounting data.

Enter MM03, enter your material code and select accounting1 and accounting2 view.

Here see valuation class, price control and price is existing.

If it not existing then first maintain it and try to create po.

Regards,

Mahesh Wagh