cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error #1502: A script has executed for longer than the default timeout peri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm getting an error 1502 when opening my Xcelsius file with Adobe's Flash 9 Player debugger installed.

Adobe flash describe this error as follows:

-

1502 A script has executed for longer than the default timeout period of 15 seconds. A script executed after the timeout period. (The default timeout period is 15 seconds.) After this error occurs, the script can continue to execute for 15 seconds more, after which the script terminates and throws run-time error number 1503 (A script failed to exit after 30 seconds and was terminated.)

1503 A script failed to exit after 30 seconds and was terminated. The script was still executing after 30 seconds. Flash Player first throws run-time error number 1502 (A script has executed for longer than the default timeout period of 15 seconds.) if the script executed more than 15 seconds, which is the default timeout period. This error occurs 15 seconds after Error 1502 occurs.

-

But how do I indentify which script or component in my Xcelsius file that is causing this error? My full error message is as follows:

-

Error: Error #1502: A script has executed for longer than the default timeout period of 15 seconds.

at mx.managers.layoutClasses::PriorityQueue/contains()

at mx.managers.layoutClasses::PriorityQueue/removeLargestChild()[E:\dev\flex_201_borneo\sdk\frameworks\mx\managers\layoutClasses\PriorityQueue.as:145]

at mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateClient()[E:\dev\flex_201_borneo\sdk\frameworks\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:911]

at mx.core::UIComponent/validateNow()[E:\dev\flex_201_borneo\sdk\frameworks\mx\core\UIComponent.as:5222]

at xcelsius.controls::DialGaugeBase/resizeUniformly()

at xcelsius.controls::DialGaugeBase/updateDisplayList()

at xcelsius.controls::Gauge/updateDisplayList()

at mx.core::UIComponent/validateDisplayList()[E:\dev\flex_201_borneo\sdk\frameworks\mx\core\UIComponent.as:5826]

at mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateDisplayList()[E:\dev\flex_201_borneo\sdk\frameworks\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:600]

at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()[E:\dev\flex_201_borneo\sdk\frameworks\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:673]

at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()

at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher2()[E:\dev\flex_201_borneo\sdk\frameworks\mx\core\UIComponent.as:7975]

at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher()[E:\dev\flex_201_borneo\sdk\frameworks\mx\core\UIComponent.as:7918]

-

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most likely, it's not any specific component - it just means the file is too big. You either have very big bindings or very big Excel file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. My Xcelsius file is less than 2 M so I'm don't think it's that but what do you mean by big binding?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't say exactly what is big binding because it depends on combination of factors: how fast your machine is, how big the Excel model is, how many components you have etc. Generally if you have bindings with several thousand cells it's going to cause the timeout problem. The problem is that we use Flash player in the application, and if some operation takes longer than a minute it times out. So, if getting data from the big bindings took too long, the flash player stops the operation and you have this timeout error.

You see the timeout error only if you have debug version of Flash player installed. If you have release version installed, you don't see any erors, but you notice strange things, for example selecting component on the canvas does not cause property sheet to display. Release version of Flash is faster, so you can try to remove debug flash player and install release and there is chance that it will work.

FP1 version is going to include some optimisations to reduce this problem and allow working with larger files.

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the explaination. I always knew the error won't show if the debugger is uninstall but I install it because I was getting another bug and was hoping the debugger will tell me what is going on. But the error message was not too helpful. I guess, I'll just go another route to determine the issue but your explaination was helpful. Thanks again.

Answers (0)