cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could someone please let me know where is the control maintained for checking the serial number in the delivery (to check if the serial numbers mentioned for the material are correct or no).

Thank you .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Murali,

It is not checking the serial numbers when i am entering in the delivery...for example..for material XYZ the serial number is 15263 and if i enter 48561...the system is accepting without chevking if the serail number entered in correct or wrong ....but for few materials ...if the serail number entered in wrong the system immediately throws an error message saying the material number and the serial number doesn't match....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

That is becasue they are serialised materials. Check the material master Sales/Plant data tab, serial number profile will be maintined in those materials.

For a non serialised material, if you enter any serial number it may accept.

Prase

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swetha,

If you configur the serial number related settings in the IMG when you post the stock from production storage location to unrestrictrd storage location system will ask you to maintain the serial numbers for the stock, so the stock of the material will be maintained serial number wise.

When you create sales order and delivery for that materail at delivery level you need to enter the serial number for that material , when you enter serial number here system will do the cross checking between you entered serial number and serial in the stock, if the serial number matches system will accept it other throw error.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

when you are creating a serial number for a serialised material (serial number profile maintined in the material master), it will update in the table SER01. When you maintain the serial number in the delivery before PGI, the system validates the mateial and serial number from this table and the status of the serial number.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sharad,

I think you got me wrong....my question is how does the system check if the given serial number is right or wrong...where is the control maintained for this....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u can see serial number by selecting item and goto extras->serial number. u have to maintain batch for that item.