cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account determination for shipment cost document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Upon Good issue of a shipment cost document, I need to accrue the cost to a particular GL account. I need to know how the pricing procedure for Shipment costs is linked to account determination.

If we look at MM pricing procedure, we have the Account key - accruals / provisions to identify various types of G/L accounts for accruals. But in case of pricing procedures for shipment cost I do not see that field.

Please help

Thanks

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Account determination in shiping cost as below -

Goto SPRO->Logistics Execution->Transportation->Shipment Cost->Shipment Cost document->

Define Shipment Cost type and item category

In Shipment cost configuration, each shipment cost type is linked to item category(which is not sales item category).

Identifying the Account key or Account Modifier

In that item category, we define the account assignment catefory for that item category.

For this account assignment category having a account modified and the path for this is

SPRO->MM->Purchasing->Account assignment->Maintain Account assignment category

If account assignment category in item category is K then Account modifier is VBR and the same like others.

Identifying the Valuation Class

For shipment Cost type and item category is link to valuation class and the path for this is

SPRO->Logistics Execution->Transportation->Shipment Cost->Shipment Cost document->

Define Shipment Cost type and item category

Account Determination

Based on valuation class and Account modifier, systerm determine the GL Account through transaction OBYC in GBB.

GBB->Valuation String->Account Modifer->Valuation Class->Gl Account

or

GBB->Account Modifer->Valuation Class->Gl Account

Like in SD, we will not maintain any account keys in pricing procedure.

Accounts are posted through MM Process i.e. based on valuation class and account modifer.

From Pricing procedure, system only lift the values against condition type in document and use the MM Process of posting values in accounts.

Rewards if it helps

Regards

Goutham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gautam

I am working on the shipment costing now but I am having problem that how to make SERVICE TAX Account assignment for this specified matter. My client wants that at the time of settelement of Shipping Cost the service tax should go to Service tax payable account as this is the LIABILITY of service receiver to pay to GOVT. We are calculating SERVICE TAX in Shipment cost procedure only and not during MIRO.So please guide me how to do this setting

Thanks in advance

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The values from shipment cost are copied to Billing documents using copy controls for Delivery to Billing.

In copy controls for Delivery to Billing at item level you have the field price source, here you select 'F' Shipment cost. System automatically copies the shipment costs to billing. In SD pricing procedure these condition types are maintained with account key's for which we have accounts integration.

Hope this will help you, if not revert back.

Venkat Cheedalla