Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default WBS in exchange fluctuation loss account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP Expert's

Here we are using PS and all the purchases for production items are made using WBS. Now we are facing a problem in foreign currency PO at the time of MIGO , system is generating a exchange fluctuation loss but its hitting the Dummy profit while GR/IR accout is hitting a WBS and then deriving profit center.

but in case of Exchange fluctutaion loss its hitting Dummy profit center and we want it to automatically hit WBS mention in the PO.

One more thing we have not created any cost element for exchange fluctuation loss.

we need to create a Cost element for this and also let me know the impact of creating cost element.

Regards

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Need to maintain the Cost Element for Exchange Rate Fluctuations Profit/Loss. Based on this automatically pick the whether it is Profit or Loss for an order.

Regards

Shammi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would try with a cost element and OKB9

cheers

matej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matej

I have created a cost element but in OKB9 , i am not able to find a WBS , its only showing cost center, order and profit center

Moreover our requirement is to pick WBS from PO

Please suggest another solution.

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create GL A/c for Exchange Rate Fluctuations Profit and Loss A/c's and assign the a/cs in OBYC PRD. Once the Order has settled system automatically posts the Gain/Loss ac's. via cost element it posts to cost center and Profit Center.

Regards

Shammi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shammi

We have already created using a G/L for exchange rate fluctuation and we have define that account in FBKP and transaction type KDF.

Please let me know how to pick the profit center thru network in exchange fluctuation loss GL

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I HOPE YOU ARE ALSO USING THE COST CENTER ACCONTING.

PLZ APPLY THE COSTCENTER PROFIT CENTER RULES.

RULE 1 .ONE COST CENTER CAN HAVE NUMBER OF PROFIT CENTERS

WHERE AS ONE PROFIT ENTER WILL LOOK INTO ONLY ONE COST CENTER.

ASSIGN THE PROFIT CENTER TO THE RESPECTIVE COST CENTER .

SELECT THE CHECK ELEMINATION BOX .

TO AVOID OTHER POSTINGS.

LIKE WISE YOU CAN ASSIGN YOUR NETWORK TO A PARTICULAR COST CENTER ,FROM THIS COST CENTER SYSTEM WILL PICK UP RESPECTIVE PROFIT CENTER.

REGARDS

MALA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MALA

As per my understanding of CO a cost center can have only one profit center and a profit center can have many cost center and not the other way as suggested by you

And in WBS we assign Profit center and not at the network level

we can assign default profit center to gl using 3keh and in cost element through OKB9 but our profit center will change as different WBS has different Profit centers and we cant assign default Profit center to the GL

Regards

Ajay