Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check name differ than payee name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all SAP Professionals,

I have one query regarding of check name

i was doing APP there my client asked they have to pay to the vendor but while giving the payment check client want another name in check .

Is it possible

may be all of us understand my requirement.

Thanks in advance

Have agood day

Regards

Surya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya

By another name in the check what do you mean? Have you tried to use an alternative payee for this vendor. You can define this in the Vendor Master (XK03).

In the document you can use this number as Payee in the payment tab. Once this is done the check will be addressed to this particular person you have defined as alternative payee.

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for quick reply

But i know alternative payee process

Here we have 750 vendors in that i have to change payee name in check 500 vendors .but alternative payee is not correct process for this.

I am giving example

vendor name X

i want check name Y

While i am doing payment for X check name i want as Y

May be you understood this senario

Regards

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You are saying that you just want to change the Check information for the payments? This will not be possible. If the Name has to change then the logical option is the alternative payee. If the volume is huge, you can use a SCAT to change the documents for these vendors(with tcode fb02) and then update the alt payee. You would have to use tools like LSMW or CATT. Else I am not sure how you could accomplish this.

Hope it helps.

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you can do is tick the field "Individual spec." in Payment transactions tab in General Data for vendors.

When this is saved, it will promt the user to enter the alternate payee details at the time of invoice entry.

Hope this helps.

\Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I didnt get proper reply

Please update asap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya ,

In vendor Master U need to maintain ALternative Payee

and while Prnting the check it will print the orginal vendor

U need to write ABAP Program for that then only it is possible

to Print the check in the Name of Alternative Payee

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a problem in using the "Individual Spec." field?

I think this exactly solves your problem.

If you do a mass change and get this field marked, you can specify to whome the cheques need to be printed for at the time of invoice.

This will invoice the vendor you want and will print the cheque to the payee you specify at invoicing. You do not need to maintain these payees in the system.

\Madhu

Edited by: Madhuranganie Kariyawasam on Sep 16, 2008 5:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How to specify print check name at invoice time

Plz update me

Regards

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Vendor Master data:

Go to payment transaction tab ->

Field "Individual Spec." will be there in the "Alternative payee in document" group.

Mark it.

Then when invoicing to this perticular vendor (at fb60/fv60) there will be dialog box asking you to specify the payee details. This will be similar to filling one-time vendor details at the time of invoicing.

\Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

So for that again we have to create vendor master

if it is yes i dont want to create new vendor master for alternative payee

surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you don't need to create vendor master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok How to do this tell me the process

Plz update me

Regards

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Vendor Master data:

Go to payment transaction tab ->

Field "Individual Spec." will be there in the "Alternative payee in document" group.

Mark it. - if you want to change this to a large number of vendors, then you can do a mass change.

Then when invoicing to this perticular vendor (at fb60/fv60) there will be dialog box asking you to specify the payee details. This will be similar to filling one-time vendor details at the time of invoicing.

\Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surya,

Did it fix your problem?

\Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surya

For the creation of master data also you can create a LSMW or a CATT. You would have to use the alternative payee concept for your scenario.

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Very thanks for your valuable information

But now little cofusion in while doing invoice where we have update that name of check name

you sent like this

plz tell me where it is in FB60

Regards

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In FB60, go to "Payment" tab, there you get a check box "individual payee", mark the check box, you will get a dialog box to enter Payee details.

\Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Madhu

It is working and i tested thanks once again

Regards

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, need to know, will this functionality work when I want to print the cheque through FBZ5 or F-58?

Please advise.

Shailesh

Answers (0)