cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced safety stock Planning -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is their any method to do the advanced safet stock planning depending on the stage of Product life cycle.

i.e. intial stage the safet stock planned should be less, should increase during Maturity stage and should gradually decrease to ero during the decline stage.

Please respond if anyone has done this in past or if any standard SAP functionality exist for the same.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjog,

Mainly In DP area Phase-in and Phase -out of the product life cycle are planned. So using the advanced Safety stock planning your safety stock should balance the demand and supply variability.

Generally if you look your Safety profile, it will be the offset of your demand plan and also in areas where you expect phase-out and spike in demand safety stock will be constant based on the strategy Alpha/Beta you use in advanced safety stock planning.

Also, I think you shouldn't treat this case anything specific as the KPI's will correct the model you are using anyway, unless the Lifecycle is very short.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use Safety Stock Method - Standard - Period Based ( MB / MZ / MM ). This will compute Safety Stock based on Demand Volume and Variability. Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ASSP works mainly with two parts demand and supply variability. So, if u r able to capture ur past demand and sales, and RLT time , then ur in a better postion to calculate ur Safety Days Supply.

The functionality ur aksing is is DP, Life Cycle planning.

thanks,

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand the standard inputs required for ASSP are demand n supply variability, but i cant get this data.

Also my requirement is to get the safety days's number based on the stage of Product life cycle a product is and not supply n demand variability.

Also PLM in DP is used for forecasting, how can I use it for ASSP

Thanks,

Sanjog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjog,

You can change History for the product as per the product life cycle by macro ( like we do in PLC by phase in/out profile ) and put it into new key figure.

than use standard safety stock macro for the calcullationg saefty stock based on new key figure .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/f3/852d3af6ecd02ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Manish