SAP for Healthcare Discussions
Foster discussions about patient care, cost reduction, and operational excellence in healthcare organizations using SAP. Join the conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Users - Requet to run query in background and have results display

Former Member
0 Kudos

A user has asked if it is possible t run a query they have created in the backgorund but instead of printing to have the results displayed on screen. If this is possible, how can a standard user do it?

4 REPLIES 4

Claudius
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Laurence,

what do mean exactly by "query" - a BI query or a normal ABAP report processed in background? From a technical perspective there are of course some possibilities (e.g via the spool display for background jobs ) but I think we need to know a bit what kind of "query" you think of.

Also, if you could be more specific on the overall scenario, we can better discuss options.

Regards

Claudius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for a quick responsde.

The scenario is we are running 4.6c and a user has created a new query under transaction sq02. The user then executes this query but wants to run the query in the backgorund to the screen as opposed to printing.

Does that help?

Claudius
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am not an SAP Query expert, but what I found in the documentation under [Saving and Redisplaying Lists|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/d2/cb4097455611d189710000e8322d00/frameset.htm] may be helpful.

If not I suggest to use the [ABAP general forum|; as this is not really a Healthcare issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurance,

another way to have the result of an backgroundjob send to the SAP inbox (or mailbox) of the user is to enter the user in jobdefinition as the receiver of the spoollist.

This can be done in the jobdefinition (Tx SM36) and enter the user in the popup which comes up after pressing the screenbutton "receiver spool-list".

Kind regards,

Martin