cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several invoices in single PDF (for print)..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have this issue.. I am generating invoices massively through WebDynpro Java, we need those invoices in their print format, so far I can put one invoice document per PDF, but it is non practical for the volume of generated invoices to print one by one..

I need to create several invoices in one PDF, with their corresponding header and items. So that the user can send to print lots of documents at a time.

I hope you guys can guide me trhough this issue, I can't figure it out how to have One header per page with their Items..

I repeat, I have successfully created one full invoice in the PDF (header + items), now I need to create more than one page, every invoice in its corresponding page.

Thanx in advance!

JV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JV,

Place the header info in a subform.

You can set a conditional break in the subform and make it appear on a new page every time a particular field on the subform changes.

Select the subform and go to object palette --> pagination tab and click on Edit button for Conitional Breaks.

You may insert a sample expression using the button there to see how it works!!!

Hope this helps.

If you are not able to figure it out, do post back some of the form design template, so I may tell you how you can proceed.

Regards,

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reema, thank you very much for your answer.. I tried what you commented in the last post.. I have the following doubts/comments...

So far I am able to print several invoices in different pages.

The problem I'm facing is this.. the header-footer of every invoice is printing properly, but the detail is not.. if I have several items in the invoice the first item is printed correctly, and the rest in being printed in different pages with no header.

If in the table row subform -that is the items- I select the option "Repeat Subform for each data item" all the items independent of the header get printed in a single invoice..

Let me get into more detail hoping you can help me.. the PDF gets populated form webdynpro using the following node structrue

Header Node (containing header/footer information for the invoice)

______ Items Node (the list of materials)

Where 1:N items are assigned to 1 Header, and having 1:N headers.

In the Interactive Form I have the Following structure in my body pages.

Root subform (with "Repeat Subform for each data item" option checked)

______ Header ( part of Header Node)

______ Fixed Height Subform

______ Table Subform

______ Table Row Subform (Items Node)

|______ Footer ( remaining part of Header Node)

I don't know what am I doing wrong, I really hope you can help me out..

Thanks in advance!

JV

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JV,

Where have you put the conditional break. I hope it is at the header. I have a sample form that I can mail you, if you need it.

If a particular invoice has itmes that flow on more than one page and you want the item header to repeat on each page, make the header row repeat on consecutive pages and set min Occurence to 1.

Regards,

Reema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reema,

That would be fine if you could send me the sample form, but so far I'm not so sure you can post email information through here, if you have any ideas on how could I get your sample file, mayby download from a server, I think it would be useful... I dont know what you mean about conditional break.. is that the option "Allow page breaks within content" on each subform or is it some javascript ?

Let me tell you again how I have my nodes in WD.. and the PDF Form.. I made some adjustments on the PDF hierarchy .

WebDynpro nodes This nodes are passed to another node the is passed to the PDF

Header Node (containing header/footer information for the invoice) 0:N - Non singleton

- |______ Items Node (the list of materials) 0:N - Non singleton

Hierarchy nodes in PDF Forms This is the node passed from WD based on previous node.

- PDF Node 1:1 Singleton

- |______ InvoiceList (Header node) 0:N Non Singleton

--- |______ InvoiceItems (Items Node) 0:N Non Singleton

*_PDF Form Subforms_*

-root - binding Normal, Repeat subform, Min Count 1

- |______ Header ( part of Header Node) - binding Normal

- | |______ Fixed Height Subform - binding Normal

- |- |______ Table Subform - binding Normal

- |-- |______ Table Row Subform (Items Node) - binding Normal

- |--- |______ Fields i.e. $record.InvoiceList[].InvoiceItems[].Quantity

- |

- |______ Footer ( remaining part of Header Node)

I hope you can help me, thanks again.

JV

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JV,

I understood the form structure that you showed.

I have mentioned about conidtional breaks and how you can create it in my first reply to your post. Pl read that again and try to follow the steps in order to create a condtional break in the invoice header subform.

You may include a break that compares the invoice number in the header and includes a break if they are not equal.

This will make the form display one invoice with all its items on one page. Every time the invoice number changes, it will break the page and start displayin on a new page.

Reema.

Edited by: Reema Shahbazkar on Sep 18, 2008 10:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reema,

I can't find the pagination tab as you mentioned in your fisrt post.. when I check the object pallete with a subform selected I just see the Subform tab and the Binding tab.. I already checked the palletes menu and is not there.. so I'm lost here... Any ideas?

I think the PDF you offered before would help a lot, but I dont know how can I get it.

Thanks!

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now that's strange!!!

There should be a pagination tab.

Which version of ALD are you using?

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ALD 7.0 I just checked that it is available in version 7.1.. I hope I can get it from marketplace.. I'll let you know.

Thank you.

JV