cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view the detailed data from the Planing cube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends , we are having one planning cube which end use will enter the data in to this cube using query input layout.

End user want to view the data which he has loaded in to the realtime cube to cross verify.

I try to build this through the query designer on real time cube but iam getting aggrigated values. i need the detailed log , how to achieve this . There is no DSO to develop the query. do i need to use the planning moduler for this or any other alternative.

Could any one has the solution for this.

Regards,

Sruthi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want details, why dont you put all the characteristics that you want to see in the drilldown?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , i put all the characteristics in the drill down bu iam not getting the detailed log, as you know iam getting the aggrigated summ of the values are displaying.

For Ex user will enter the below mentioned values in to Real time cube

Fiscal Period Customer Values Currency

006.2008 20000 $6 USD

006.2008 20001 $6 USD

006.2008 20010 $6 USD

.......... .......... ........ ........

above values are in the cube but when u try to display those valus using the query designed you will get sum of $18 , my requirement is to display table as it shown above.

Pls help me on this.

Sruthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you drill down by fiscal period AND customer you will get ur table with 3 rows because the customers differ. Or why not?! If you leave out customer you will get one row with 18 $.

or what is the point?!

Regards,

Lars

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever the cube is read, the read happens based on the characteristic combinations. While reading, we get a single record for each characteristic combination.

For the example specified by you:

Fiscal Period Customer Values Currency

006.2008 20000 $6 USD

006.2008 20001 $6 USD

006.2008 20010 $6 USD

In this example, all the records are different. The "CUSTOMER" characteristic is the distinguishing characteristic.

Maintain the combination of Fiscal Period and Customer in the drilldown, you will surely get all the three records and not the aggregated values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to every one and i got the solution as per you mentioned i have drill down with the char and fis period. One last question, is there any possibility of getting the same thing with planning moduler...like How to Display Line Items in IP.

Is it Posssible in this case.

Sruthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Planning modeler is where you do the planning development (and also planning functions/sequence testing) - why do you want to see there?

"How to line items" explains how you can insert a userID and date/time stamp in each record created in the planning cube which can be used for obtaining an audit trail for the planning data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gupta for your information. I thought we can check the detailed information suing line item view, but after realising it's for audit purpose i got an idea.

Once again thanks for the information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately that is the property of cube and Query will always get data like this only(aggregated).

No idea of planning modular.

Thanks...

Shambhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to achieve this using planning moduler.