cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Master creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

My client's Purchasing folks wanted enter only Purchasing related information while creating Vendor Master and the rest will be entered by his Finance counter part.

Q1: What is the best way to do this and communicate to the Finance personnel that there is a pending Vendor master for him/her to enter the accounting related information. ?

Q2: Is there a report that shows, the pending Vendor master list which is not complete (Pending for FI update).?

Appreciate your early response please.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

The best way is to take the daily report and send it to the FI people with the vendor code created by the purchasingdepartment to the FI dept to extend it.

As you know there are three ways to create a vendor -

XK01 - Central with both FI and MM data.

MK01 - only MM Data

FK01 - only FI data.

You can create the vendor in MM and then pass on the vendor code to the FI so that they can also create it through XK01 / FK01.

Or you can ask first FI to create the vendor and then you can take a list of FK01 vendors and XK01 vendors. IF only FI data is present then this vendor will nto be displayed in XK03 list. so you can seperate the list of vendors which are created in FK01 and which are not there in XK03 and then extend these vendor codes through XK01.

Thanks & regards,

Kiran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Q1: What is the best way to do this and communicate to the Finance personnel that there is a pending Vendor master for him/her to enter the accounting related information. ?

The Best way is Giving only MK01 Authorization to Purchasing Folks and tell them Forward the Newly Created Vendor list to FI team daily so that they can Extend the FI part.

Else Contact basis guys and tell them to configure a Mail system such that whenever a MK01 Record is Created mail hits the FI team.

> Q2: Is there a report that shows, the pending Vendor master list which is not complete (Pending for FI update).?

Yes you can take a Report using CDHDR table in SE11 Input Trxn code MK01 and Date Fields and Execute. Then it will Show all the Records created thru MK01 for a Particular Date.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your efforts to make me understand the process..

FYI, I could find a good report which can be taken by FI folks for Vendor master pending for update...ie.: F.48

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To create vendor master is solely internal procedure in one organization. Some organizations make task segregation between finance and procurement department in vendor creation, i.e trade vendor created by procurement while non trade by finance. For your case that procurement fillup first purchasing data then FI data completed by finance. That is way between procurement and finance department should communicate each others in order to complete vendor master data. The following your question answer;

Q1. My advice to make the best communication, you need to use SAP e-mail. From there you can send e-mail and attachment containing list of vendors just created by procurement to somebody in finance who responsible for FI data.This function is able to make pop up notification; SBWP - Workplace.

Q2. You can use MKVZ - purchasing and S_ALR_87012086 - Vendor List report

Best regards,

Mahnansa