cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any change in Business Process Flow for BPC 7.0 NW from BPC 5.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

With the release of BPC 7.0 NW, i was wondering if there's any functional or technical differences in the Business Process Flow compared to BPC 5.1?

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I have many doubts that you can use something from BI with BPC to simulate a BPF.

BPF it has reall many dependecies by security and objects from BPC. I don't think it will be easy to create something like that and even if you will create probably the maintenance it will be really difficult.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

pravin_datar
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I second Sorin's observations and comments. There are several limitations in using STS workaround. It is true that STS will be available to use with NW BI. However in order to use that you will have to create a planning area in BPS. Even after doing that you will not have the security framework of BPC available to you in STS. All you can do is list out the steps in the process flow, may be link your planning workbboks and have email notifications sent out upon completion. the other option mentioned was that of SAP workflow. Since BPC7NW has NW platform, SAP workflow is available to you and you can link the BPC process chains to it if you so desire. But again, it won't have BPC security and it won't be even close to BPF in look and feel. The best option is to wait till BPF becomes available in future BPC NW version to use.

Regards

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replies so far.

I would like to cast a more general question:

From a functionality point of view, how different is BPC 7.0 NW compared to BPC 5.1?

What features in BPC 7.0 NW are especially appealing to a client looking to implement budgeting and forecasting but not consolidation?

And what appealing features from BPC 5.1 have been stripped away?

Looking forward to plenty more insightful replies.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lip,

The below blog can clear some of your queries.

regards,

Lokesh Nandula

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a workaround for this.

Yu can use the STS of BPS ( which is still available in Bi 7.0) and create dummy hierarcy and accomplish the workflow related tasks.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you got any experience in using STS of BPS to perform workflow in BPC 7.0 NW? How do you find this workaround?

And does anyone know what the official tool endorsed by SAP to perform workflow in BPC 7.0 NW is? Is it SAP workflow?

Cheers

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

BPF doesn't exist into BPC 7.0 NW. It is one of functionalities not implemeted yet.

BPC 7.5 NW will have for sure implemented BPF but it is not sure if before of that BPF will be implemented for NW version.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the enlightening statement, but is there someone else who's willing to back up sorin's statement?

Also, is there some variation of BPF within BPC 7.0 NW, i.e some sort of workflow perhaps?

Edited by: lip chean soh on Sep 16, 2008 11:01 AM