cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Objects Planning; calculate part of a report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Application: Business Objects Planning

(version 11.20.1274.0)

Problem: we have a report that has grown very large and is taking 45 minutes to calculate. For various reasons the users are resistant to the idea of breaking the report into smaller reports.

Question: Is there a way to have PLNSUMs (SRCSUMs) in only one section of a report be calculated? Without the PLNSUMs in other sections zeroing out.

Thanks in advance, Kai Richmond.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two years later and I do not have an answer for this, except that clients should manage their charts of accounts/cost centres better, since it was the large amount of exceptions included in the criteria that made that organisation's BOP reports so slow to process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further to the previous:

I have received a reply from the BO consultants and, as I expected, they say that there is no way to do this or to intercept the process. But I am still interested to know if any users have found a way around it.

Previously I would use tricks like hidden columns or moving part of the report onto other sheets. But in the six months that I have been away working with another OLAP BOP has evolved in capability to now match the previous SRC Advisor in that it now calculates hidden columns and can calculate multiple sheets (without even any naming requirements apparently). So those tactics no longer work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it a fixed or variable report. A variable report reads from the hidden tab data instead of querying the db for each formula since you can only have one grouping column per dimension for only 2 dimensions, and I found that if I defined as many of the fields that I was using in various PLNSUM's I could cut the calc time on my worst reports from 20 minutes to 2 minutes by using variable masterdef row.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no 'close question' option, so I am going to mark this as 'answered' to close it even though it is not.