cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Logon Failed error connecting to SAP R/3 with Crystal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Crystal Reports 2008 and also the SAP Integration Kit installed on my desktop. I've imported the transports into my DEV and QAS systems and am trying to connect directly to R/3 from Crystal using the SAP Table, Cluster or Function choice.

I receive the error:

Logon failed. Details: You do not have the necessary rights to design reports against the SAP system. Please check with your system administrator.

I'm using a logon that has full rights within SAP. It recognizes my password because when I try a password that I know is wrong I get a different error message: Logon failed. Detail: Name or password is incorrect. I receive the same error in PRD even though I have not imported the transports into that client.

I have Crystal Server but am not trying to use that at the moment. Just Crystal Reports as a standalone product. If I've left something out please let me know.

Thank you,

Kevin Scheeler

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

take a look at the Installation Guide for the SAP Integration Kit which includes a detailed list of authorizations per use case in the appendix

the documentation is available on help.sap.com

Ingo Hilgefort

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

Check if you have locked the tables in /crystal/rls you find the description of it in the manuals.

You can also use ST01 and ST05 to identify if there is any problem with permissions

Roland

Answers (0)