cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Draft Number on an AR Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to print the draft # on the AR INVOICE printout. If an invoice is saved as a draft and if i preview it , i see the DRAFT comments that gets printed on the invoice. Now i m trying to print the DRAFT # also on the invoice.

Pls Help

Thanks

raghu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Draft number will not be unique for market documents such as A/R Invoice. What benefits will you get to keep that number?

When the Invoice got approved, a new number will be assigned. Please explain the reason why you need that number in the first place.

If you really need that number, you can always using query to find it out.

Check this thread:

Although that refers to AP invoice, AR invoice will have the exactly same logic with different table names only.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

gordon

correct me if i am wrong but i t hink the draft # will always be unique. Only the document numbers will be duplicated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can always run a query found from the other thread and change the ObjType to '13' to try your A/R Invoice draft. If you want both types, omit DocType. If I am wrong, let me know soon.

Thanks,

Gordon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Draft number will not be displayed in PLD,Create a UDF in ar invoice & enter manually draft number ,once again save it as draft/else draft number can be printed in ar invoice using

query print layout designer.

Jeyakanthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks gorden

i will check that up.

Now if i want to display that in the PLD, how can i do that?

I dont see an option for bringing in the data from the drafts table..

thanks

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

Add a Database Field...(preferably on the Page Header)

Press the Alt key and click on the Table Selection drop down in the field properties window

NOTE: Using the Alt Key is important so that you can see all the tables in the database

Select Table DRF1

Field: DocEntry

Let me know

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks suda

i m able to see the draft #(doc entry) using the DRF1 table. But it is not printing the correct #. ODRF table is not exposing the docentry field?

I m not able to get it to work as wanted.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How did you verify if the DocEntry is correct or not?