cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports mysteriously shrinking reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Crystal Reports running on a .Net 2.0 web site created in Visual Studio 2005 VB.

Some time in the last month, my report has changed its display from being correct, to being shrunk down to about 15%. I have not made any changes to the server nor the code that I am aware of. When I run the page in debug mode on my local workstation, the report works fine. When I bring the exact same code up on our web server, the page is shrunk down.

This is a very time critical issue for me to resolve, and I have not been able to locate any phone number for support.

Please help.

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

You'll need to make the ForceLargerFonts key available to the web server .

To work around this issue:

1. Press Ctrl-Alt-Del on your keyboard, then click the Task Manager button. Click the Processes tab. The security account is listed beside your process name (for IIS 5 the process name is aspnet_wp.exe and for IIS 6 it is w3wp.exe).

2. Open the registry editor. On the Start menu, click Run then type "regedit" and click OK.

3. Navigate to the following registry sub key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

There will be a number of keys here that start with "S-1-5". Inspect each one and look for your security account name in the ProfileImagePath entry. Take note of the key (folder) you are on when you find your process.

4. Go to the following registry sub key:

HKEY_USERS[your security profile]\Software\Business Objects\12\Crystal Reports\Export\Pdf

5. Right-click the sub key and click New > DWORD Value. Name the DWORD value "ForceLargerFonts" and set it to the value of 1.

6. Restart IIS, and try the application again.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Shweta

Edited by: Shweta Sharma on Sep 16, 2008 12:00 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

Please backup the registry before editing.

Have a look to this thred id :

[;

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the speedy response. It looks like I am running V10.2 (it came with Visual Studio 2005) on an IIS5 (windows 200) web server.

I found the account information that you referred to and the registry path that I have looks something like this:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-854245398-413027322-725345543-1008\Software\Crystal Decisions\10.2\Crystal Reports\

Under that are keys:

DatabaseOptions

DatabaseServer

Export

FetchOptions

FormatOptions

Logging

NewObject

QueryEngine

SavedData

all of which have contents of:

Name (Default)

Type REG_SZ

Data (value not set)

Should I then create a Pdf key under Export and Create a DWORD item called "ForceLargerFonts" under that with a value of 1?

Thanks again for your quick response.

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Nicholas we need to create a key u201CForceLargerFontsu201D as DWORD and value 1.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Created the key:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-854245398-413027322-725345543-1008\Software\Crystal Decisions\10.2\Crystal Reports\Export\Pdf

With a DWORD item under it called ForceLargerFonts with a value of 1.

No joy. Report still shows the report information zoomed in to about 15% of the page.

Is there a way to either uninstall and reinstall the Crystal Reports information, or install an update? Where would such an update be downloaded?

Thx.

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

To reinstall the Crystal Reports information,

We can repair Crystal reports through :

Click on ->Settings->Control Panel->

Add or remove programs->

other option is to uninstall visual studio.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a deployed web site, so neither Visual Studio, nor Crystal Reports are formally installed on the web server.

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Try with this:

Check for the runtimes.

To download merge module Click [here|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm]

Select -> Product->Version->Software Type (optional) *

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I went to install the server package, it said that my code we expired or not valid. This link had the same information:

http://tim.mackey.ie/HowToDeployCrystalReportsForVS2005.aspx

Tried his solution too. No luck. Same result.

Nick