cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does different IDOC channels means different queues?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have SOAP to IDOC scenario. I have 2 types of IDOCs, SYSTAT01 IDoc and NON-SYSTAT01 IDOCs. I have configured 2 communication channels for them, but they use the same RFC Destination & PORT will the 2 IDocs types go into different queues or will go to the same queue because they use the same port?

Thanks

Shakthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

if the quality of Service is EOIO then it will use the same queue.If quality of service is EO then they will use different queue.

Thanx

Aamir

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you mean to say, each of the IDoc you configured for each of the channel go through same Q all the time.. then the answer is no.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>If you mean to say, each of the IDoc you configured for each of the channel go through same Q all the time

I think its very explicit:)

Two messages send to separate communication channels wont necessarily use the same queue,there is no dependency between them.

If two messages are send to same receiver channel and QoS is EOIO they will use same queue,if QoS is EO then they will use different queues.

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aamir, Is dynmic configuration possible with IDOC adapter? i mean can i pass the RFC Destination and Port name dynamically from input?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Well even before we get to the level of dynamic configuration,the problem i see will from Business system.

Every IDOC adapter is tied to a Web As ABAP business system,if you specify RFC destination etc dynamically then it will try to point to some other business system which will give you issues.

Thanx

Aamir