cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using view-time selection formula and proc. ext. simultaneously

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are experiencing problems with our in-house developed .NET 3.5 solution. Our report uses a processing extension for managing row-level security (we cannot use filters, since we need real-time security checks for CR instances).

However, when we try to apply a view-time selection formula on the report in our .NET application, it never takes effect for reports that also use the processing extension.

Example: There are 1000 rows in the report instance. For the curren user, the processing extension filters away all rows but 100. Among the remaining 100 rows, the view-time selection formula is to select only 10 of those rows. However, even after setting the view-time selection formula, there are still 100 rows visible to the user.

The very same code works fine when the processing extension is disabled. Have anyone else experienced this problem, or know what we should try to fix it or work around the issue?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if this helps:

Issue:

When adding the Crystal Windows Form Viewer to a Windows Form, in Visual Studio .NET 2005, the autogenerated code adds 2 lines of code that set the selection formula to an empty string (""). The viewer's SelectionFormula and ViewTimeSelectionFormula are set to "" by default. Thus, the app will ignore selection formulas, be it in the report or passed to the report at runtime

Solution:

1. Expand Form1.vb|cs to show Form1.Designer.vb|cs.

2. Double-click on Form1.Designer.vb|cs to show it's code

3. In the InitializeComponent method, you will find code where the CrystalReportViewer1 properties are set.

4) Comment out or delete the following two lines:

this.crystalReportViewer.SelectionFormula = ""

this.crystalReportViewer.ViewTimeSelectionFormula = ""

This has been tracked: ADAPT00567606

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek, thank you for your reply.

I am sorry for neglecting to inform in the original post that our solution is built in ASP.NET, not WinForms.

Also, do keep in mind that the view-time selection formula works fine (with the exact same source code and build version) when the processing extension is disabled. This in itself is a quite apparent indicator of the relevant connection between the processing extension and the view-time selection formula.

I appreciate your help,

Kind regards,

Nils Magnus

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nils, I see you created a new case in the BCP, which is great. I have taken over on that case and will / am working it as I type this. I need to do a test to see if I can repro the issue and take things from there. I will contact you over the phone as soon as I have completed the test and I will also post the results here so that it's here for future reference.

Ludek