cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse Asset Values -Incorrect Cost center and Business Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

User did a legacy asset transfer but used incorrect cost center. Depreciation expense in teh wrong GL account and Asset Master is incorrect. Depreciation has been posted so I cannot delete the asset. How do I correct this? Please help I need the answer before Depreciation run at month end.

Thanks

Catherine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Post a manual JV to nullify the values and change the cost center in the asset master and run depreciation again for the month.

Regards,

Satish Muvva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your speedy reply but how do I change the cost center? The Business area that defaulted from this incorrect cost center cannot be changed. That field is uneditable. When we try to enter the correct cost center we get an error message, "this cost center is for bus area MT67 (reynosa) not MA61 (shelbyville). "

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to transfer these assets to a new asset with the transaction ABUMN - Transfer within Company Code. Use the old asset as reference and fill in manual the new cost center.

In the table ANLZ you can found the existing cost centers and asset numbers.

With this you can make an EXCEL file fill in the correct cost centers and use a LSMW to do the transaction ABUMN. When it only some assets you can do this manual

BA is an organization unit and you can not change this! When it was possible to change than the balance values by BA are no longer correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks tried ABUMN manually. Getting an error message

"Message no. F5702"

A balance has occurred in transaction currency 'USD' with the following details:

Exchange rate '00', amount ' 327.00-' and currency key 'USD'.

The data in the transaction currency were transferred from the calling application.

System Response

Your data cannot be processed in FI.

Procedure

The error is probably in the calling application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also on ABUMN, what is the asset value date that I should use?

Thanks

Catherine

Former Member
0 Kudos

The value from the first day of the period where for you run your next depreciation run.

You can simulate the posting and see if the results are OK

You can do a simulation test to with the date you started with AM. Perhaps it correct then the old wrong depreciation postings to

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the replies. The reason I got this error message is because i did not enter a document type. Also teh way to handle this is ABUMN transfer asset in same compnay code this closes the incorrect asset and transfers values to a new asset.

Thanks Again

Catherine

Answers (0)