cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filling setup tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have 2LIS_13_VDITM which is active in BW.

Now,I need to add a field in the extract structure of this data source.

The field 'PRSFD' needs to be added to the extract structure 'MC13VD0ITM' of data source '2LIS_13_VDITM'.I need to see that field in the existing DSO 'Billing'

Please let me know of any thing I am missing while filling up setuptables.

1.Make sure the application is turned off in R/3,so that no documents gets posted while setup run.

2.Deleting setup tables in LBWG by choosing application area = 13

3.Check RSA3 for 0 records

4.Add the required field PRSFD in the extract structure in LBWE by dragging and dropping from Pool table.

5.Activate the extract structure and then corresponding data source in LBWE

6.Fill up setup tables by either going from SBIW or tcode:OLI9BW.(But before doing this ,need to ensure the delta queue is empty in RSA7)

7.Check RSA3 for newly extracted records.

8.Replicate the modified data source in BW

9.Create an info package for Initialization of R/3 data in to BW

10.Schedule V3 update in source .

11.Create Delta package in BW for the existing DSO

12.Finally turn on the application in R/3

But,I have few questions .

1.Can I just run ' Repair full request' with out considering steps 9 and 11,since repair request does not disturb existing Init and delta packages.??

Will 'Repair full request' brings in the new field 'PRSFD' in to the existing DSO??

2.I need the documents for this change only from past 5 months,which I think is not possible to have selection on time period in OLI9BW.Do I have to find the document number ranges for the past 5 months??

or Can I just have a complete setup run and then have selection on the date in BW infopackage??

Appreciate any answers!!

Thanks,

Jb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)If a data source is changed then you will have to do a new init in any case since the existing init will become invalid....so doing just full repair will not serve the purpose....you will have to do a new init..

repair full request will bring the new field as well and should work if the DSO is in overwrite mode.

2)You can have complete set up run and then select the records at the infopackage level...this will work.

rest you have thought is correct...but the important points are the things to be done before the transports of data source as well which is mentioned in the OSS note said above 328181...like emtying the delta queue by scheduling the delta package twice and clearing the pending LUW's and deleting the set up tables.

So if you can take care of the points before the tranport of the data source then you can go head with what you have planned.

Thanks

Ajeet

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To add 'PRSFD(corresponding BI object) to your DSO you might have to delete data in DSO, unless you add it as the last field in the DSO.

If you delete data in DSO then you are forced to go with init.

else

If your key of ODS is defined properly and key figures are in overwrite (not additive) you should be able to load repair full and not hamper the existing init and delta.

Can I just have a complete setup run and then have selection on the date in BW infopackage??

Yes that should be fine.

former_member223744
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello.

If you loaded DELTA datas before changing the extract structure, then it is not necessary ro run a new INIT. More detailed information you can see in the note 328181.

The new added fields will be extracted with the new delta datas naturally.

Thanks,

Walter Oliveira.