cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to give a user Admin rights to just a specific Application within a BPC 5.1 SP3 Application set? In an application set, how can I give a user read/write authority to all entities in one application and just view only access to all entities in another application. Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I installed BPC 5.1 (without SP) with local administrator and I want to change it because I donu2019t detect the Active Directory.

Installation is stand-alone.

Appl. Server is out of Domain.

My client wants to use the Active Directory. Is possible to change the administrator and use domain administrator or domain account? How?

Have I launch the installation again with an account domain?

I don´t want to install again.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gustavo,

In fact I think that the problem is that if you want to use the active directory you should be using a user that can be authenticated by the AD, so your local administrator user should be in a trusted windows domain.

Good luck

former_member192799
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gustavo,

can you please clarify? You are talking of Active Directory and that you want to authenticate against it, but you also say that the system is stand alone and that the app server is outside of the domain.

To be able to authenticate domain users, your server needs to be either in that domain or in a trusted domain. And BPC has to be installed using a domain account so that BPC can access the domain to authenticate users.

I hope this help, please do not hesitate to ask for more details

Cheers,

Bruno Ranchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

OK, but my server is not in AD. I dont want install BPC again.

Can I install with a local administrator? Then add in AD, next logon like domain account and to access the domain to authenticate users.

Could I do it?

Thanks. regards

Gustavo Fra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello JJ,

Thanks a lot for you help. Your comment is very interesting

Regards

GFRA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nathan,

I don't think admin rights can be granted for a user to a single application in appset becoz Task Access security is cumulative.

When creating Member Access Profile, there are different tabs for each Application(step 2 - BPC Access)

Here, you can specify read/write or read access to entities for the respective application.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bhanu Prakash

Edited by: bhanu prakash on Sep 16, 2008 1:32 AM