can someone please explain me what is backflushing and its importance.where do we use it. and how to use it.and at what level we can use it. material level or plant level or production order leve and where in that level we will use it.
Pradeep Kumar replied
Backflusing is nothing but automatic goods issue with movement type 261.
U can set backflush as below levels and each has some effect.
1. Material Master (MRP view) -
- Always back flush - backflush will be activated whenever material used.
- Workcenter decides - If workceter allows- Here u need to activate BF ind at Workcenter
2. Routing - Component assignment tab
- Whenever the routing will be used the matreial will be backflused
3. Production order - component over view .
Here also u can activate the BF indicator manually .
if have not activated BF indicator, you have to issue the component manualy with MB1A.